Who is offering the best price?

On Fabia estates at the moment?  After a 1.2TSI SEL....

Loads of people have bought on here i will be insterested to know where the best deal can be had be it broker, main dealer etc?

I started my search using carwow website, anonymous  so no fear of getting hassled, just choose your spec and send. You'll start receiving offers, what I did was after using the lowest offer, went to my local dealer and asked him to match or at least make worth my while not to travel to the other dealer. 

• Like 1

When I first went to talk about getting a Fabia 1.2 90 TSi se with local dealer and got the brochure he hinted that there was not much room for price manovering. Anyway we decided to get the 1.2 sel 90. Looked on carwow the nearest dealer to me was Doncaster with what I thought was a fair discount took a screen grab and printed it off and took it in. Showed him the offer pointing out it was from another Skoda dealer and asked if he would match it which he did. I probably could have got a bit more discount but would have had to travel more than 250 miles from home. Plus with the lower price I saved some vat as well. The deal was done with the sales manager he probably had more discretion on price + the dealership is only 20 mins from home if things go wrong. Joe

When I first went to talk about getting a Fabia 1.2 90 TSi se with local dealer and got the brochure he hinted that there was not much room for price manovering. Anyway we decided to get the 1.2 sel 90. Looked on carwow the nearest dealer to me was Doncaster with what I thought was a fair discount took a screen grab and printed it off and took it in. Showed him the offer pointing out it was from another Skoda dealer and asked if he would match it which he did. I probably could have got a bit more discount but would have had to travel more than 250 miles from home. Plus with the lower price I saved some vat as well. The deal was done with the sales manager he probably had more discretion on price + the dealership is only 20 mins from home if things go wrong. Joe

Was that Benfield or Silsbury?

I did the deal with Silsbury Skoda Joe

Bought my Monte from Benfield, I've never found Silsbury to be keen on deals but will try them when I'm ready to trade. Went through to Pulman Skoda about a month ago, well impressed and will likely go to them first but my options will be open.

Silsbury never wanted to sell me a new Monte Tech, just kept trying to sell me a 2 yr old diesel Monte for the same price!!!

Got mine via Carwow. Could have got a slightly better deal via a broker UK New Cars (I think - didn't save the emails) The best price via Carwow was from Hortons at Lincoln, about 90 miles away.

The local dealer (we bought the last car from) was not really interested this time. To be honest, I could not be bothered to try to get him to match. His loss!

Anyway, the guy at Lincoln sourced a car that was on the boat, so we had about a 2-3 week wait and the car was trailer delivered, they took the P/X away at the same time.

Great price, good deal. Fairly painless and pretty easy.

The wife's delighted with her new Fabia Estate, which turned up in immaculate condition.

• Like 1