So I'm back looking at Superb's again....

Black carpet became std fit with ivory leather around 2010 (IIRC)

Don’t be put off with the ‘apparent’ weak Luna wheels.... mine were 3 ½ years old and had gone through some pretty shocking potholes in Kent, yet they still looked as good as the day i picked the car up! the same cannot be said for any polished and lacquered OE wheel (the main reason why I specced the Luna’s... plus I actually prefer the look of them... and they are MUCH easier to clean lol)

Black carpet became std fit with ivory leather around 2010 (IIRC)

Don’t be put off with the ‘apparent’ weak Luna wheels.... mine were 3 ½ years old and had gone through some pretty shocking potholes in Kent, yet they still looked as good as the day i picked the car up! the same cannot be said for any polished and lacquered OE wheel (the main reason why I specced the Luna’s... plus I actually prefer the look of them... and they are MUCH easier to clean lol)

I'm happy with the Themiisto wheels on my car, but I did damage one of them just after buying it, so I've had it repaired & then had all 4 powder-coated in an Audi silver by a company in Billericay.

To me,  2 years later they seem to be in good shape still, & probably not going to corrode, unless I manage to find another high kerb!  

(I've used these guys in the past, my last Mondeo had polished & lacquered wheels which looked disgusting after a few years, they refinished them

& did a great job. When I sold the car last year, the good condition of the wheels was favourably commented on.....)

DC 

Ok so I have a decision to make. I like the Amethyst one I listed earlier the Cr170 4x4....

But do I buy now....... Or do I wait a few months, keeping an eye on what's out there & get my pay rise in August. Then that means I'll be able to lift the budget to closer on £13,500???

Ok so I have a decision to make. I like the Amethyst one I listed earlier the Cr170 4x4....

But do I buy now....... Or do I wait a few months, keeping an eye on what's out there & get my pay rise in August. Then that means I'll be able to lift the budget to closer on £13,500???

Go on, you know want the V6....:)

If you can get what you want now then go for it, but if you are compromising and need to buy a lower spec or older car than you want then wait.

• Like 1

That's the thing - I won't compromise. I'm far too picky for that. But a car bought now for £10k. I'll still spend extra money on upgrading over the next 3-5 years. Brakes, suspension, remap, wheels, front spoiler, exhaust, filter etc.

Must be Elegance, 2.0 tdi 170, 4x4 would be nice, But not an essential. AP make coilovers for the 3T chassis, fwd or 4x4. Audi R8 front brakes. Borla 5 spokes. Custom straight through stainless exhaust. Will take a while - but love a great car to work on

Not sure how an Amethyst car will look heavily modified (although Baker21’s MKI look great despite the colour being ‘wrong’)

remember that the DRL’s in the fog lights were introduced on the MY11 cars (if you want them) other than that I would buy now and spend the pay rise on the mods  :D

Not sure!! I'm going to keep watching the prices (found a 1.8t manual 2013 in Petrol blue with 12k on the clock for £13,000 & a 2.0 170 manual 4x4 estate with 70k on the clock for £12,500 - within 70 miles of home) but purchase will be after I get my pay review in August.

Just means I can start looking at what upgrades are available & start stock piling parts!!!

• 3 weeks later...

So I've sort of found a car I like......

image.jpg3_zpskf3sap9a.jpg

It's cheap, 2.0 tdi SE 170 manual on a 2010 plate. Mileage is quite high though - this doesn't even bother me!!

Picked the wheels already

image.jpg2_zps6sbfsnw1.jpg

And AP coil overs

image.jpg1_zps2sktsht0.jpg

With it being well run it it will probably go pretty well with a remap too! ;)

• Like 1

Should I be worried about a 2.0 Tdi 170 with 146000 miles on the clock??

As long as it has full supporting dealer history with all the correct servicing intervals done, then no. All should be fine.

In fact, she might have had a considerable amount of key upkeep done (new discs/brakes, suspension, water pump, maybe exhaust etc.) so even better. Check paperwork to see what has been done.

Could be great value :)

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like I am getting my pay rise next month......

Also found a 4x4 170cr manual Elegance hatch at the local dealers for £8595..... Going to look at the end of the week. And I'm looking at the £6000 estate at the end of the month..... Only bad thing is its 190 miles away - so looking at it on the way to another car show!!

• 4 weeks later...

Had a look at the cheap estate a couple of weeks ago.... Comes back as clean on HPi, but it's clearly been repaired!! Googled the dealership "motorhub" and got loads of negative reviews & feedback... So I'll be avoiding that one!! (I was on the was to Northampton anyway so it didn't feel like a totally wasted journey!)

On a happier note - looks like my pay rise is a go from the end of next month....

I'm currently got my eye on a few... 1.8t manual estate, 2.0 170 4x4 manual hatch & estate & 2 V6 ones popped up on my radar this week inc an ex-police black hatch...

These are the short list:-

2011 - 2.0tdi manual 140bhp - 117k - £8988

image.jpg1_zpsfb6f9w2i.jpg

2011 - 2.0tdi manual 140bhp - 139k - £6400

image.jpg1_zpslguw2oc8.jpg

2010 - 3.6 V6 dsg - 112k - £5500

image.jpg1_zpsylltpqj2.jpg

2011 - 1.8t manual - 127k - £6388

image.jpg1_zpspb5sffen.jpg

2009 - 2.0tdi manual 4x4 - 84k - £7995 (only 40 miles from me)

image.jpg1_zpsseary9mm.jpg

2011 - 1.8t manual 4x4 - 54k - £9345

image.jpg1_zpsc3upycng.jpg

Liking the cheap V6 (there is also a black one which has shown up too for a similar price - ex-police with a bit higher mileage) - not liking the 28mpg or the £490pa VED. I'm not too bothered if it's a hatch or estate, both have their advantages....

Any insight into any of the pics would be great!!!