DSG oil replacement at VAG Dealer - Suspicious

Hi Ive had a DSG oil and filter change at a VAG garage. I stressed I wanted the gearbox filter change - and I asked them after to confirm it was done which they said it had.  So far as I know the gearbox filter can only be removed if the battery is taken out first. Because I was a bit dubious about whether they would do all the work they promised, before I took the car in I put a sticker over the bolt head that holds the battery in place - and guess what? the sticker was still in tact when I checked the engine bay after the service. This means that battery never came out! Does anyone think this means Ive not had the filter changed? 

so I've done this a few times, and you can absolutely do it without taking out the battery tray, just the airbox.

you need a low profile socket and something like this - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004ZDVFWK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00

its fairly straightforward. 

If you have your suspicions, I would ask them if they did, and then how they did it in much more detail.