Fabia Monte Carlo Headlight Mist

Had my Monte Carlo nearly 10 months now (14 plate) and got from new.

Great car, glad I changed from my Twingo GT 100 for this!

One thing which is starting to annoy me is mist keeps appearing in my front headlights and fog lights and also my rear lights?

I've noticed it a few times after washing it, and after its rained.

Is a common thing? Is there a way I can stop this or  is it something I should take back on Warranty? 

Cheers,

W :)

I was told by a main dealer, that if the mist doesn't clear within 20 minutes they would replace the lights under warranty (everytime I think about doing on mine I forget, age I guess) it's only ever happened on my fogs/DRL's and not my head lights

Yeah cheers for that, it started with my front fogs first then i've noticed it around my brake lights on the rear the other day a good few hours after it raining. Only noticed it on the front being close up cleaning with them being smoked.

I'll take a trip down to the local dealer and see what they can do, they are pretty good so hopefully the warranty should cover it!

I'll keep you posted the outcome of it :)

always worth an ask at the dealer. my headlights are the dark black pack ones, believe the same and after I wash the car I take the little rubber caps off after to help demist them and never had an issue. That may be my OCD though

Headlights tend to mist up if the rubber caps aren't on properly on the back of them.

As for the fog lights mine are the same with misting up but after having them off the other day again to dry them out they've been fine most likely down to the warmer dry weather.

Thanks all.

Took the advice and called down to dealer, they are going to run a test on it, if the condensation stays longer than 20 minutes the lights will be replaced!

The dealer were really helpful so lets hope they can get it sorted! :)