1.9tdi ASV engine cutting out

I have but never experienced it on an engine before . So it took some tracking down .i ended sorting other problems and fault codes aswell along the way. Just hoping the smoke clears up once its on the road (I'm thinking the amount of times its cut out its just un burnd diesel sat in the cat and exhaust system ) if it doesn't then could be bad injector dripping maby or turbo?

Jim

Your other possibility would be oil in the intercooler. It's fairly easy to drain that by opening the lowest joint at the RHF arch.

Do you have to unbolt the intercooler? .i saw a youtube where someone drilled a small hole in the cooler plastic to drain it then put a small self tapper in to seal it .dont fancy that realy lol

Jim

Do you have to unbolt the intercooler? .i saw a youtube where someone drilled a small hole in the cooler plastic to drain it then put a small self tapper in to seal it .dont fancy that realy lol

Jim

I can't see why they did that. You might have to take the cooler out (that will depend on whether the elbows are part of the cooler or the pipework) but the youtuber is a self-confessed bodger.

• 3 weeks later...

Well started useing the octy alls going well except the osr brakes sticking so more work to do.i think the cables been over adjusted a tad and the return spring on the calipers a bit week . Great ..

Jim

Edited by jublybug

Yeah used them and they work very well. 991d666f3487d30108cff0fa365472b0.jpg

Ignore the dampers on the callipers lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They should work well. I had a sticking calliper on the rear fitted the springs and sorted it after freeing the calliper up first obviously lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk