best place to source parts ?

Hi everyone,since joining ive gone over my octy and wrote a list of to do`s

So the mrs backed up the drive with the door open and caught door on bank and door has dropped slightly,what size are the bolts holding door,maybe just needs a slight jiggle.?

Needs a  under sump cover (splash guard) as mine ripped off on speed bump at dog track.

Passenger side window regulator knackered

Where would you suggest I look,dont think there are any scrappies around my neck of the woods and maybe its something you have experienced buying.

Hi, cars get broken on here and decent condition used parts often end up on ebay, could be a way of sorting window regulator. I also find breakeryard.com a pretty useful service.

You can get splash guards on ebay, not genuine and you get what you pay for. I just got the 2 side sections (cheapish). Only needed one so far, fitted today and some holes were slightly out so had to drill new ones. No biggy. Can get fitting kits on bay as well with torx screws and clips and such.

For gen parts there's skodaparts.com and the usual outlets for bosch, aftermarket and pattern parts.

Hope this helps

Hi, cars get broken on here and decent condition used parts often end up on ebay, could be a way of sorting window regulator. I also find breakeryard.com a pretty useful service.

You can get splash guards on ebay, not genuine and you get what you pay for. I just got the 2 side sections (cheapish). Only needed one so far, fitted today and some holes were slightly out so had to drill new ones. No biggy. Can get fitting kits on bay as well with torx screws and clips and such.

For gen parts there's skodaparts.com and the usual outlets for bosch, aftermarket and pattern parts.

Hope this helps

Many Thanks Mate,will have a good look,prior to my heart attack she was my pride and joy,only just starting to feel like doing anything again.

Many Thanks Mate,will have a good look,prior to my heart attack she was my pride and joy,only just starting to feel like doing anything again.

No problem, glad to hear you're on the road to recovery, you're in the right place if you need help with the car anyway. Parts section here is useful too as well as posting a wanted ad. Not sure on the door bolts, sure someone had that question answered on here not long ago try a search. By the way I find a Google search followed by Octavia is a better way of searching this forum, Briskoda usually pops up at the top of the list.

• 2 weeks later...

No problem, glad to hear you're on the road to recovery, you're in the right place if you need help with the car anyway. Parts section here is useful too as well as posting a wanted ad. Not sure on the door bolts, sure someone had that question answered on here not long ago try a search. By the way I find a Google search followed by Octavia is a better way of searching this forum, Briskoda usually pops up at the top of the list.

I found a guy on ebay selling the window regulator for £24 with 2 year warranty,that is now sorted,splash guard is ordered from skodaparts.com,just the door to try and sort now,but im sure its just a tweek to get it lined up.

I found a guy on ebay selling the window regulator for £24 with 2 year warranty,that is now sorted,splash guard is ordered from skodaparts.com,just the door to try and sort now,but im sure its just a tweek to get it lined up.

Good stuff, yes door should just be a tweak, trolley jack with a pad on could be a useful extra hand I guess. Never had to do that mind.

I found a search company used by breakers called 1st Choice Spares to be very good. A breaker called Seat and Skoda breakers was in touch within two hours, and a perfect screen/roof trim was with me the following day for a tenner plus a tenner postage.

Alan.

Good idea Yellowcar
AlanRHB I did try them recently but only had a few replies,the window regulator was dearer through them than buying brand new and same with the sump guard(splash guard)
I have found some good stuff via ebay and a breakers in Gloucester
http://twigworthbreakers.com/

I am lucky and live just up the road from gsf and eurocarparts so can pop in anytime but I believe both have online ordering and delivery

Or there seems to be the ever popular ebay now