windows creaking

Getting sick to my toes of the creaking coming from the windows in my sport.

drop the windows and all is ok (can even turn the radio down)

Has anyone else had this ? was ok from new but now 8k on and it has started to do this.

I had this on the drivers side window. It seems to have stopped now with the warmer weather. I tried all sorts of lub on the rubber seals, it's the one's that the window slides up and down in, mainly the top sealing one. That's why just lowering that window around 3mm and it stops. Try gummi pflege on the seals, that's what's next for me if it returns, recommended by a few on here and other forums.

• Like 3

Thanks guys.

Just getting fed up with this car. The build quality doesn't seem to be matching the brands counter parts.

Really embarrassing when your mate has an Hyundai i10 and laughs at you for build quality and squeeks n rattles..........

• Like 2

Wire, trust me, who I completely agree with you on the shockingly poor interior build quality of the Rapid - the creaking windows and doors issue is a very easy fix - rub some Gummi Pflege round the window rubbers (and if you have creaking doors as well) and door rubbers, and it will disappear and likely won't come back again. It's worth doing the rubbers with Gummy every 6 months, just keep them moist and flexible.

Also stops them sticking and freezing in the winter.

• Like 3

I am another sufferer of creaking windows. It was so bad at one point that I even considered trading in the car! Silly really when I've only owned it for just over 3 months and put only 2k on the clock. Like many others, I purchased a tube of Gummi Pflege and have had mixed results. Initially, I thought it had cured the creaks, then they came back and after a further application about a week ago, the creaking seems to have quietened down a bit. Fingers crossed this time. I have also read about PTFE Dry lubricant and also another product which VW apparently uses for seals on the EOS. I may give one of these a go if my problems persist. Also, given that I've only owned the car for a short time, I don't really have enough information to conclude if it's temperature related.

Right now, though, i am also trying to sort a rattle coming from the glove box area and a creaking accelerator pedal!

Edited by ted1888
  • Like 1

Sadly I don't have metal covers. When I put my head in the footwell I was rather shocked to discover that the accelerator pedal looks to be just a preformed single piece of plastic. Surprisingly, I believe the creaking is lateral movement between the pedal and hinged joint, rather than linked to "up and down" movement which is what I would have expected. I did ask a local delaer if it was possible to replace the pedal with something a bit more substantial - but apparently not!

• Like 1