Window blinds

Hi guys.

Just bought another mk2 VRS, so been reading this thread with interest.

I'm also awaiting the blinds from superskoda.

I'll post pics up when I've got them :thumbup:

Thanks for all the helpful advice

Regards

Damo

I was going to buy from Vanstyle but when I emailed them asking if they would fit my car they said they couldnt say for sure so I didnt bother. Used to habe vanstyle ones in a previous car (alfa romeo) and they were great

Hi guys.

Just bought another mk2 VRS, so been reading this thread with interest.

I'm also awaiting the blinds from superskoda.

I'll post pics up when I've got them :thumbup:

Thanks for all the helpful advice

Regards

Damo

Was the Mk2 VRS you bought a red one? I recently traded one in with a dealer nearish to you.

Was the Mk2 VRS you bought a red one? I recently traded one in with a dealer nearish to you.

I have bought a red one, but private sale off a member on here

Yea mate well pleased with them!!

Just have to work out how to post pics hahahaha!!

My Superskoda ones arrived today. No fitting instructions though . Looks like the clips have sticky pads on them rather than clip behind the seals.

Are yours the same and did you have any problems fitting them/sticky pads nice and secure ?

I have just bought a couple of packs of two roller blinds per pack from Aldi to try ... (£4-99 -  43cm wide) or (£5-99 - 53cm wide)  a pair of the 43cm will fit the tailgate window, and a 53cm will fit one rear door window, and another one rear side window on the Octy 1 estate.

Alan.

My Superskoda ones arrived today. No fitting instructions though . Looks like the clips have sticky pads on them rather than clip behind the seals.

Are yours the same and did you have any problems fitting them/sticky pads nice and secure ?

mine are just clipped and and held in with the clips and sticky bits :)

Haven't fallen out yet lol

Original Skoda clips don't have any sticky bits, they just hook up behind the rubber seal. I wonder if the good price for the blinds from SuperSkoda is because get haven't got the OEM clips?

I've had vanstyle blinds previously, and they are very good.

I've gone for Superskoda this time, for the one piece rear window. That's the only thing I didn't like about the vanstyle ones, the join line down the centre.

I'm wondering if you could get OE clips from Skoda parts? But first I'll see how good the Superskoda clips are.

Stuff from them is usually good quality, so maybe the adhesive part makes them even sturdier.

I'll report back when they arrive

mine are just clipped and and held in with the clips and sticky bits :)

Haven't fallen out yet lol

so maybe the adhesive part makes them even sturdier.

Time will tell if they get affected by the summer heat and come unstuck!....................Hopefully not.

Has anyone else used the sticky pad type clips, and had them in for a summer or two? How did they perform. Do they come unstuck?

Cheers.

Not liking the sound of sticky-backed clips?

Both OEM and Vanstyle blinds have the metal hooks that fit behind the rubber door / window seal.

What does the sticky pad stick to?

Like I said, superskoda usually are good quality, so I will wait and see what the clips are like.

I'd rather have the one piece rear and have to get some OE clips from the dealers if necessary

Just need them to arrive now

These are the Vanstyle clips which are all but identical to the Skoda ones.

As long as the Superskoda blinds have the same lip / beading around the edge you should be OK, anything to avoid sticky tape...

IMG_6747_zpsbylwa9gq.jpg

IMG_6746_zpsddvifsyp.jpg

How well do these things do at speed? I kinda like thumping around with all the windows open. ;)

I take it the rear on the estate will be ok, it's more the back doors I'm thinking about.

How well do these things do at speed? I kinda like thumping around with all the windows open. ;)

I take it the rear on the estate will be ok, it's more the back doors I'm thinking about.

They should stay in place. The Vanstyle blinds I have cannot be removed when the door is closed, only when fully open.

I have the OEM Skoda ones on the rear doors of our Scout estate.

The kids find nothing more funny than dropping the windows at 70mph so I can testify they don't move, a very secure fit.

• Like 1

I have the OEM Skoda ones on the rear doors of our Scout estate.

The kids find nothing more funny than dropping the windows at 70mph so I can testify they don't move, a very secure fit.

Best use the "kids not allowed to open the rear windows" button !

Assuming you have electric rear windows of course [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just fitted my superskoda ones. Clips for the side windows are the same as the OEM ones. Couplt of sticky backed ones to help keep the single rear window in place but at the moment I havent used them as it seems to stay where it should be without them.

Generally very happy with them so far

I didnt take pics but might get chance tomorrow. I watched this which helped:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yntOCngC578

Its from superskoda - not an Octavia but the same way of fitting

Hope this helps - the only way I can take good pics woild be to take them all out again which I woild rather not

Got home yesterday to find this waiting for me :)

IMAG0274_zps98xl2dvj.jpg

Must say that is fantastic service from Superskoda... I only ordered a few days ago!

As I said the quality from them is usually very good, and these are no exception.

These are the clips and sticky pad holders that come with it

IMAG0275_zps9aqiq296.jpg

The long sticky ones are for the back window, and the metal ones for the side (same as the vanstyle or OEM ones)

I started with the rear (as its the easiest :D)

I trial fitted the blind (which is a great fit btw) and then attached two sticky ones at the top either side... and one at the bottom on the hump of the rear wiper motor plastic cover.

IMAG0277_zpshrwgxu76.jpg

You seriously won't have to worry about them becoming unstuck, as the fit is so tight it actually presses the clip into the plastic :thumbup:

For the side windows, I used two clips (top and bottom of the B pillar under the rubber, one at the thin part near the C pillar, and one just behind the join at the top of the smaller section of glass (the bit you can't wind down)

Really impressed, especially the one piece rear, as the Vanstyle ones have the join down the centre, which I didn't like on my previous cars.

Like I said the quality is top notch, and the pads are great, so you needn't worry about them losing there adhesion.

I also have a few of each type left over, should I ever need them.

Couple of pics to finish, first off the side

IMAG0279_zpsekauylf6.jpg

And the rear

IMAG0280_zpsoj2sgykp.jpg

Hope that helps some of you, in case you were wondering about which to go for, or how good the Superskoda ones would be :)

Cheers

Damo

• Like 4