Steering angle sensor?

Hi I am having occasional problems when turning right, steering feels weird and the yellow steering wheel light and abs/tyre pressure lights are illuminated, done a scan with a hand held vagscanner and its saying steering wheel angle sensor is the problem.

Without stripping the air bag and wheel off to find the part number does anyone know what the number is? I have seen some used sensors on ebay but not sure which one to order.

Car is a 2006 vRS estate.

Cheers, Daren

I had this problem and found that some grease from the airbag slip ring had dripped down and covered the little sensor 'eyes' on the steering angle sensor. I removed the sensor, spent a few minutes cleaning it with cotton buds, put it back and it worked perfectly after that.

• Like 1

Big thanks to Nikonite for the free sensor, it was fitted today and has sorted the problem, my original one was the same as nick74's, my mechanic asked me if I had spilt some sort of fluid or grease as it was all over the sensor.

He dried everything and fitted the new sensor and its good as new again.

• Like 1