1.2 tsi idle speed

I have noticed when the engine is on tickover the speed can be as high as 1000rpm, occasionally it will run at approx 750 rpm just wondered if anybody else is experiencing this, many thanks in advance

Completely normal.

It will depend on the engine temperature, air temperature, engine load, battery voltage etc etc.

The car varies the idle speed to compensate for the above.

Plus if it's the same as other engines I have experienced it raises the revs when you start to lift the clutch to aid setting off.

Phil

does it on the diesel as well.. it is about freaky at first.. but normal.. however, the rev counter does look and probably is a poor imitation of a real rev counter and is likely to be a digital equivalent.. it doesn't seem anywhere near as smooth as the rev counter in the Mk1, so probably is being computer driven. 

I have the SEL 90 which ticks over when warm at 750 rpm but when pulling away you need to blip the throttle to about twice that to pull away without stalling. Getting between 35 to 40 mpg round town. Will run in 4th/5th at 30 mph for best economy but you have to listen to the engine and drop a cog if it starts to struggle. Have done about 400miles so far Joe

Joepeddos :) How many miles combined city/motorway do you get with a full tank ?

Hi Lovesome have not done a lot of motorway driving. Looking at the car info it's showing 38.5 mpg on the long term screen. Have done 600 miles and the engine has started to free up. Watching the average journey mpg it's about 40 to 45mpg but will have a better idea when I next fill the tank. joe