Transparent Windscreen Clip / Bracket Thingy

I've just bought a 2011 FL Octavia VRS (petrol of course :) ) and am struggling to establish the purpose of a clip on the drivers side, attached to the a-pillar. I found a picture through google searches for windscreen bracket, clip etc, but no actual description or name for it. It's the transparent clip in image linked below to the top right of the satnav.

http://i62.tinypic.com/2hzg3t.jpg

Can anyone shed any light? Not sure if this is in every car, what it's for or if I should remove it, as I just see it as an annoyance currently!

Thanks all,

While I'm on - not sure if i should put this in another thread - but how do I get MPG 1 and MPG 2 to show?

I only seem to get current consumption and MPG 1 (which i believe resets each journey).

How can I see MPG 2 (which i believe to be a rolling average)??

Edited by jellybeard999

mate

Do you have a copy of the owners manual?  The clip & the MFD functions are all in there.  

These cars have so many useful "hidden" features that a browse through the manual is almost mandatory (and a great cure for insomnia).  There's stuff in there that you would never even think to ask about.

Here's links to soft copies.  You can search - it saves time

http://www.skoda.ie/owners/ownersmanuals/octavia

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't know there was such a thing as this clip. Checked on my 06 plate model and found the broken off remains so bought and fitted a new one. Wondered if it was possible to fit  to both sides so checked passenger side but would need to drill hole to fit it so decided not to bother.