VCDS cable from VAG Diagnostics - anyone used one?

Hi - I want to install and enable a cruse control stalk on my 2010 Octavia 1.6 Diesel.

I know I'll need a VCDS cable to enable the new controller, but I baulk at paying £200 + for a Ross cable.

Has anyone used the cable from VAG Diagnostics?  < Link Removed > - costs £80.

Claims to allow access to the Ross VCDS software - but it's easy to claim, not so easy to prove!

Has anyone experience of this cable or company? Any good?

Thanks -

Neil

Edited by mannyo
Remove link to counterfeit/fake hacked cable.

Its a fake cable with hacked software and discussion and links to such are not allowed on Briskoda.

The only source of VCDS / Rosstech software are the official UK distributors such as Gendan. 

http://www.gendan.co.uk/product_VCHU.html

You'll also get full support from Rosstech and software updates for life, unlike the fake cable which is stuck on the supplied hacked version with who knows what other changes.

We have had one member wreck the instrument cluster of their car using a hacked cable because it corrupted the eeprom resulting in a multi hundred pound bill.

Glad I asked!

Didn't mean to offend anyone with the link - just wanted to know what was what.

I don't want to pay as much as that for the proper cable - but I guess there is no real choice.

I know nothing about modern CAN-bus cars and so forth - but I intend to keep the Octavia for as long as I can. My last car, an Astra 'G', was brilliant, and took me to 180 000 miles. I have the same ambition fo the Skoda!

I'm technically minded and (reasonably) competent with computers, so I guess the quicker I buy the cable the sooner I'll start saving money and the more value I'll get out of it.

Before I bite the bullet, is there any way I can find someone locally who has a cable I can try or share? I live in Ayrshire..

Thanks,

Neil

Talk about ships that pass in the night!

Whilst I was getting together my reply to mannyo Kerans answered my question!

Now, if I can only get my car to go as fast I'll be a happy chappy!

Thanks guys - :sun: