Bouncing lock - front passenger door

From reading through the forum it seems that door lock problems are fairly common on Mk1 Octavias.  Mine is confusing me...  Very very occasionally, when I lock the car with the remote on the key, the passenger door locks, but then the lock bounces up to an unlocked position.  It happens so infrequently that it doesn't really bother me (usually when it's cold).  Literally this has happened 2 or 3 times in the last 2 years.  I have just got in the habit of checking through the window before leaving the car.

However, when I use the lock switch next to the window buttons in the driver's door to lock all doors, the passenger door lock ALWAYS locks, then bounces back up to an unlocked position?  Surely the remote on the key and the button are activating the same circuits and solenoids, so I am at a loss as to why the issue should (normally) only happen when using the switch in the door? 

I would be very grateful for suggestions as it's making my head hurt!

Thanks

Olly.

Same here...My passenger door always locks with the key but bounces up when I use the interior central locking button on the drivers door. Interested to find a solution too!

2 things to check.

1) Wiring between the door and car to check for any wires that are splitting.

2) The locking mechanism in the door itself. These are boxes that everything connects into. I wonder if it has water damage or a dry solder joint. A replacement from a scrap car may help cure it

Sent from my Galaxy S5

I'll get the door card off when I get a chance and have a look at the mechanism.  Still confused why using the keyfob vs the switch in the drivers door should make a difference to be honest though.

I have the same issue with mine, although its my rear passenger door. Lock 99.9% of the time from the key fob, but bouces back up every time when looked from the lock button inside the car.

From reading through the forum it seems that door lock problems are fairly common on Mk1 Octavias.  Mine is confusing me...  Very very occasionally, when I lock the car with the remote on the key, the passenger door locks, but then the lock bounces up to an unlocked position.  It happens so infrequently that it doesn't really bother me (usually when it's cold).  Literally this has happened 2 or 3 times in the last 2 years.  I have just got in the habit of checking through the window before leaving the car.

However, when I use the lock switch next to the window buttons in the driver's door to lock all doors, the passenger door lock ALWAYS locks, then bounces back up to an unlocked position?  Surely the remote on the key and the button are activating the same circuits and solenoids, so I am at a loss as to why the issue should (normally) only happen when using the switch in the door? 

I would be very grateful for suggestions as it's making my head hurt!

Thanks

Olly.

I have exactly the same issue on mine! Only started this year. Started after my wife pulled on the handle while I was unlocking the car (impatient!), so I'm blaming her!

It must be something deadlock related, as that's the only difference between locking with the key (deadlocks car) and locking with the internal switch while driving (doesn't activate deadlocks).

Which leads me to believe it's something iffy in the passenger door rather than anything else (probably the lock mech). Doesn't annoy me enough yet to fix it, but I'm sure it will soon.