window regulators

To be honest if I had to buy new I'd probably go for aftermarket on those, fingers crossed not had to yet...The gen ones themselves are known to cause problems, even though they may last longer, I think I'd risk it to save on cost.

I just replaced an aftermarket one that failed on mine, looking at the history it was only two years old and was fitted by a garage. Needless to say I replaced with genuine, it is substantially more expensive though! Depends how bothered you are about possibly having to replace twice - or more - as often.

I like to fit (and hopefully!) forget :)

I'm going to price both tomorrow. I'm tempted to buy cheep lube it to the moon and back and see how long I get . . Just as an experiment

Jim

That's what I'd probably do to be honest.

£44 from gsf . Striped down well but when I took the motor of the old mech the gear was nicely chewed by the old wire. I did what I could with it and built up the new mech and applyed lots of grease and oil so will see how we get on with it over time .

Super smooth now .jim

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well the cheep regulator test thrown its first fault today ,when I closed it it went to the top then instantly came back down ,I'm guessing this is a safety thing incase something gets closed in the window so it must be tight somewhere . Gona lube it in the runners and see what happens .

Jim

Lubed and runing free again . Lost all electric windows and sunroof on the weekend .so pulled some fuses randomly as I dident have a handbook for the car . Found a standard blade a 20 amp in rough shape so cleaned and replace and alls well again .