Recommend a QD for over Gtechniq coatings

oct3br

Hi

I have Gtechniq coatings on my Vrs and looking at top up Quick detailers and besides the Gtech QD was wondering is there a better one recommended as read reviews that the Gtech does not bring out shine etc?

Just wondering are QD's specific to certian waxes/sealants etc as dont want to effect the C1/C5 coating on the car already.

Also, not sure is it best to apply QD on wet or dry car?

Thanks

I look after a car with a Gtechniq coating & I use FK #425 on it without any issues. I use it on a dry car. Only ever used a QD on a wet car as a drying aid. But on a car with a coating a drying aid isn't really needed, especially if you rinse the car dry with an open hose.

• Like 2

Not that I have personally tried these over Gtechniq; but my current QD's in use are:-

Definitive Wax QD Pro (similar beading to Sonax BSD, but slicker feel)

Optimum (OPT) Instant Detailer

Adam's QD Spray

All very good and not seen any issues over any wax or sealant - and around the same price.

Other popular choices include KKD Mist-X, Sonax BSD and FK-425 which I successfully have used in the past  :thumbup:

• Like 2

Smells great doesn't it, it's good as a drying aid also, enjoy [emoji106]

I love it! Also bought some of the new shampoo formula so will let you know how that is. Wanted to try it's claims that it helps reduce water spots..
  • Like 2