Interior Lighting

Marki

Can anyone tell me how i can add an additional interior light to the existing one.

I am trying to put an additional light in the back, but i cannot work out how to get it to come on with the other. There seems to be two permanent lives and an earth going to the front light.

I have tried taking a live and the earth to the new light but it stays on even when the other dims and turns off.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks

I thought the earth was on a relay timer. So i used the earth from the light and a live from the boot. But when i unlock the car, the main light comes on but the new light doesn't seem to work. I have taken the dash under the steering wheel out and had a look for relays but didn't really not what i was looking for. Besides have got so many addtional wires, tubes and switches under there was pretty difficult to see.

If it is a switched earth the i will have to check my wiring, but as is dark will wait for the morning.

M

Thanks for the link. I have now run cables, scarily from almost the exact same place.

I have unfortunately had the wrond lights delivered, but am trying them all the same. Have to wait for it to stop raining so i can finish off.

The lights that were delivered are Blue neon lights. Still will give it a go with them. Will post a pic for a laugh.

Once again thanks for your help.

Have you tried any other electrical mods?

Guest Fabia 12v
Thanks for the link. I have now run cables' date=' scarily from almost the exact same place.

I have unfortunately had the wrond lights delivered, but am trying them all the same. Have to wait for it to stop raining so i can finish off.

The lights that were delivered are Blue neon lights. Still will give it a go with them. Will post a pic for a laugh.

Once again thanks for your help.

Have you tried any other electrical mods?[/quote']

thats the only major electrical mod i've done as yet, others just involved plugging new things in... look at my sig.. they're all listed there :thumbup:

I have got cable and switches every where. Have cabled my amplifier to a switch mounted in the Ash Tray.

My Handfree kit is wired to under the drivers dash.

My PDA is hardwired to same place.

Have hidden all of the wires so they cant be seen but have loads under steering column. Need to sort it out really.

I found the hardest thing to do was run the electrics and tubing for the three guage pod on the A Pillar. Pretty tight squeeze through the gromet by the windscreen wiper.

Have run out of ideas though so looking for more thing to do, thats why i asked.

And alternaror i think. I have to keep doing things otherwise i will get bored and look at changing car so i can start again. But i like it too much. Wife thinks am stupid. Says i am degrading my car by adding thing.

I put a false floor in the boot so i could hide my amp cable and put bass tubes in. Have two plugs, one does power one does speakers. This way i can take it all out in about 2 mins. She said i was too old to play loud music and inconsiderate to fill boot when we have kids.

Looking at all i have written, maybe i should change the wife and stay happy with the car. lol

:rofl::rofl: