Can't use the search function to save my life

Had a quick look and all I seem to bring up is when brakes have been mentioned.

So, is there a guide on how to swap over the standard front brake set up to a 312mm set up? Wanna try have a go fitting them today so could do with any help there is.

Thanks in advance

It's the same as doing a set of discs and pads really but you swap parts as you go, just done a set on Thursday.

image.jpg

First off I'm not trying to be a smart arse ha..... but are these disc's on the right way, as in direction of the groves and holes, they look like the mtec ones I've just put on and if these are right mine are wrong. Not sure which is right, or if it even matters, but i do remember there was a piece of paper that came with them with directions about this that i very quickly lost.. Anyone got any help on this? 

Had a quick look and all I seem to bring up is when brakes have been mentioned.

So, is there a guide on how to swap over the standard front brake set up to a 312mm set up? Wanna try have a go fitting them today so could do with any help there is.

Thanks in advance

Here is a link to the guide, http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/43733-312mm-brakes-pictorial/?hl=+312%20+guide

They are sided, they come with instructions in the box for which way they go, and that's the way they fitted them on the instructions :)

O i thought i had nothing to mess with this weekend, but maybe i do then haha. 

http://www.mtecbrakes.com/brake_disc_fitting_bedding_in

Just google this and found the above page.

I could well looking at this wrong be looking at this wrong, but it appears the grove enters the caliper on the inside edge closest to the centre of the disc first.

But a google image search shows them fitted on various cars in both directions. Starting to feel its not too crucial to how they work ha.

But then again they are brakes so i do want to be sure... 

It's the same as doing a set of discs and pads really but you swap parts as you go, just done a set on Thursday.

image.jpg

image.jpg

After reading that guide it says that you'd need to bleed the system! Yet when I bought the brakes I was told it was just an easy take off old ones and bolt on new ones job.

So which is it? Do I need to bleed the brakes or can I just bolt on the new ones?

I didn't do the fronts on my car as i bought it with them fitted. But i did recently change the rear callipers and to bleed just used a length of hose on the nipple, 11mm (i think) ring spanner on the nipple, penetrating spray to losen it if its a little stuck, fresh fluid and a willing assistant to pump the pedal on command. Just did it the "old" way, open the nipple pump the pedal, close the nipple, repeat until there is no air left in the fluid coming out. 

With regards the direction of grooves, most are the opposite of the picture, but some makes specify they other way around, even on Aston Martins some are the "wrong way"............

Just do as the instructions state..................

Not arguing, as said, do as the instructions say.

But I've never seen some with the curves going away from the caliper, they always go "cutting into the air" if you know what I mean.

Got some examples?

Not arguing, as said, do as the instructions say.

But I've never seen some with the curves going away from the caliper, they always go "cutting into the air" if you know what I mean.

Got some examples?

Try this thread...............

http://jalopnik.com/5641465/is-this-brake-rotor-going-the-right-way

There are loads of discussions on it, it's what ever the maker states, most are into the pads, not the way in the pic...............

Seems the groves and holes don't matter then, fewww didn't fancy doing the same job again. 

Bit worried still, from reading that it seems i might be a "self proclaimed expert on all things automotive" something i try (maybe not successfully) not to be haha. 

Edited by eddy field

Even when they are meant to be the other way according to the manufacturer?

Now I'm confused................

If the instructions say groove leading/or groove trailing, I don't care just as per their instructions................I can not find a definitive right way.................as it varies according to view & advantages...........