Help accessing the dpf sensor octavia scout 2.0tdi

Hi

I new here and not sure if this is the right place to post.

I have issues with the dpf, essentially the car is in limp mode and I can't get it to regenerate by doing the standard drive at 80kph with the revs above 2500. The previous driver drove lots of short trips and ignored the warning light unfortunately. I'm now trying to avoid a $2000 mechanics bill.

I've been told that Wurth diesel particle filter can save replacing the filter. My problem now is being able to access and remove the sensor. I've search through forums and YouTube looking for help but found nothing.

Can anyone help with some instructions on how to remove one of the dpf sensors so I can try to clean the dpf?

Thank you!

• 2 months later...

Hi,

What exactly is a Wurth DPF and which particular sensor are you trying to remove?

I am also currently having issues with my DPF can not get it to regenerate using VCDS.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Wurth do a dpf cleaner solution but not sure if it would only be a temporary fix.

However, the dpf sensors, or at least the differential pressure sensor, is located at the back of the engine bay against the bulkhead to the left of the block looking from the front of the car. If you look just under the engine cover behind the inlet to the egr you should see it. Mounted on a bracket with two pipes leading to it, vaguely rectangular, with a rectangular electrical connection to it.

And it probably has some silver insulation wrapped around to keep the heat off it.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Was just about to edit and add that but you beat me to it! Cheers

• Like 1

AS far as I'm concerned, when you get the limp mode then you aren't able to clean DPF by long drives. It needs forced regeneration (it can be done by somebody with certain software). In case your DPF is  too full with soot, forced regeneration might not be done (your car might burn). Then you have a few choices:

1) replace the DPF (expensive);

2) remove it and clean (cheaper but might not be a long term solution);

3) remove it completely.

My story (happened ~2 weeks ago) - I got my first "clean DPF" message and ignored it for a short time (did only several urban rides). Got into the limp mode. Tried to do a forced regeneration (twice) but it couldn't be completed...service guy erased errors and suggested me to try some longer drive before removing DPF. Well, somehow it managed to clean itself. Now everything works fine. BTW, guys from Briskoda suggested me not to drive on high revs but only approx. 2-2,5k rpm.

There is more than one sensor that relates to the DPF, there are in fact several.

What fault code are you getting as this will indicate the correct sensor and we can then advise on the location.

Some are accessed through the engine bay, others are better accessed from underneath when on ramps.