Failed MOT :( Help please!

Failed MOT on

numberplate lights (no bother - even if I have to wire them up to the rear lights still not an issue)
both front lights too low 

O/S/R coil spring broken (looked underneath and it seems fine!? :/)

Advisories: 
Various brake pipes slight corrosion

(dind't pick up on the chip in the window they did last year then!)

Front lights.... wouldn't adjust much so whipped one out. The up down adjuster was wound all the way in.

still doesn't seem high enough so I'm wondering if the bit which moves has dropped below the frame... pic added, video to come.

post-129701-0-80626900-1431768754_thumb.jpg

It sounds like the ball at the end of the adjuster has become detached from its socket on the reflector, if you remove the headlamp you'll be able to see more. 

Coil springs can break at the lower end and are not always easy to spot with the car on the ground.

Number plate lamps could be a fuse, they could have corroded contacts, it could be a broken wire where it goes into the tailgate, access to them is easier with the panel removed, rather than dealing with corroded screws.  Unfortunately the estate tailgate covers can be a pain to remove and refit.

Clean the brake pipes and grease them to prevent them from getting any worse.

It sounds like the ball at the end of the adjuster has become detached from its socket on the reflector, if you remove the headlamp you'll be able to see more. 

Coil springs can break at the lower end and are not always easy to spot with the car on the ground.

Number plate lamps could be a fuse, they could have corroded contacts, it could be a broken wire where it goes into the tailgate, access to them is easier with the panel removed, rather than dealing with corroded screws.  Unfortunately the estate tailgate covers can be a pain to remove and refit.

Clean the brake pipes and grease them to prevent them from getting any worse.

I can detach / re attach the ball, but from the video / picture is that how the headlamp is meant to be? or is it meant to sit on top of the shelf it hits when I move it around?

I'll jack it up when I refit the light and have a proper look at the coil spring.

So, I've adjusted the headlights to the highest point, Hope this bloody works.

Having had some problems with the beam adjuster motors in the past I have a couple of dissected headlamps if you need inner bits or photos thereof.

Regards, Mike