1.6cr Awesome Gti Remap

Currently debating getting my Monte remapped and Awesome Gti are currently offering a claimed 140bhp and 230lb.ft for £350 and its temping me. Not too fussed about peak increases but these numbers are pretty impressive. Anyone had their 1.6cr mapped by Awesome? They are local to me so would be ideal. The alternative seems to be Shark. Guys on here seem to rate them quite highly and a drive to Mansfield sounds like a good way to test the gains. Anyone else got any recommendations?

Both tuners require the ECU to be removed and unlocked which makes me feel abit uneasy. This engine seems to be the only one that you have to do that with?

Edited by Lewisb1989

If they have to open the ECU because they can not just put the remap on via the OBD Port that is no big deal, are you sure they need to open the ECU still?

as to opening them it has been getting done for years now.

& it is not the only Skoda / VW ECU that needs removed and opened.

If you expect just 130 bhp from the 105ps engine after the remap i doubt you will be disappointed.

Does the sales blurb not say 'As much as 140 BHP', (paraphrase.)   and some might, and most will not get to that.

For only £350, what is the worst that can happen?  just go for it.

(remember you will be invalidating the Warranty on the engine if you have one, so just be prepared to pay for anything 

that might occur in the future with the Engine.)

The ECU still requires 'unlocking' via bench but can be flashed via obd once 'unlocked'.

We are based in Shropshire and offer Shark Tuning. Depending on which part of Manchester you are, we can be reached in about an hour of Old Trafford.

Ant

• Like 1

Celtic tuning have said 150 bhp for the same price for my 75 a bit optimistic but i imagine from what a lot have said the remap makes a hell of a difference but ecu has to "enabled" either way id more worried if the tuner said it didn't i had one who told me i don't have a 1.6 its a 1.4 lol

The ECU still requires 'unlocking' via bench but can be flashed via obd once 'unlocked'.

We are based in Shropshire and offer Shark Tuning. Depending on which part of Manchester you are, we can be reached in about an hour of Old Trafford.

Ant

You are 1 hour 40 from me which is doable. Any discounts atm?

You are 1 hour 40 from me which is doable. Any discounts atm?

Currently there are not any discounts on Shark Tuning. You will find the tuning good value for money considering the engineering that goes into the software, and the work required to apply the software to the ECU

Ant ;)

ive a 1.6 petrol roomster just been quoted 200 ,get gaurantees with it if anything goes wrong with ecu, but power wise been told 5bhp 4 tn doesn't seem much to me