Exhaust system

What exhaust system does everyone recommend? I was thinking of getting straight through with 0 silencers, would this be too loud? If not whats the miltek cat back system like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd retain the middle silencer personally. Gives the system some back pressure.

My mate had a pug 306 diesel than ran a straight through system that recorded 97 decibels at snetterton, didn't seem loud though because it was more bassy. a vxr corsa running a Remus exhaustrecorded the same results lol.

I've had both, full piper decat with zero silencer, sounds awesome on full throttle but is still abit loud on normal driving..,

Miltek decat with a rear silencer is pretty perfect.

If I was buying again I'd get a full piper decat with 1 silencer.

• Like 1

I've had both, full piper decat with zero silencer, sounds awesome on full throttle but is still abit loud on normal driving..,

Miltek decat with a rear silencer is pretty perfect.

If I was buying again I'd get a full piper decat with 1 silencer.

Ive heard that full decat 0 silencers are too loud on idle, would this be a direct fit?

http://www.piperexhausts.co.uk/piperstore/product_info.php?cPath=464_525&products_id=4606&osCsid=346hdkq94d96li3gd8fpmjpof0

And would you recommend getting the silencer or 0 silencer? I want the owl noise haha

I've had quite a few different setups and I'd recommend decat and a small box. The 0 box system sounded awesome on boost but at idle it sounded like a jet engine and you'll get fed up with people asking if your car is ****ed!! Put a small box in now and best of both worlds, no whistling/blowing noise on idle and still got a nice bark on boost

Another vote here for a 1-box system.

I've had a no-box & de-cat setup and it's just far too loud when on boost! I went down to a custom 1-box system and it's very quiet inside the car and gives a nice loud noise when you boot it (but not too loud!).

TommyH on here only just fitted a Piper 0 box system and ended up getting a box welded in within a couple of weeks!

On the other hand... a no-box system fitted with the cat still in place sounds fairly nice. However, if you de-cat in the future then you'll probably want to put a box in!

• Like 1

I got a Powerflow box added to my Piper straight through (cause it was too loud) and it just takes the edge off the sound. It now is like civilised most of the time but still a bit of noise when you want it. Definitely the way forward. I'd recommend a Powerflow box as well, very pleased with mine!

014b422fbde824de6cff56888b720670c2dad6ba

Went for the piper cat back with 0 silencers and its perfect, not too loud for normal driving but sounds amazing when you give it some! Just a bit disappointed that it doesnt make the "coo" noise. Would i need to remove the cat? https://vimeo.com/129045171

Went for the piper cat back with 0 silencers and its perfect, not too loud for normal driving but sounds amazing when you give it some! Just a bit disappointed that it doesnt make the "coo" noise. Would i need to remove the cat?

Or possibly the airbox?

Edited by sepulchrave

That looks very well made that, sits lovely too. I've always thought the mark 1 vrs wears a twin tailpipe well.

sent from my Galaxy Note 4

• 1 month later...

Mine, stainless from turbo, decat and a small rear silencer

It's perfect. Quiet when driving around normally... WOT it sounds epic.

• Like 1