Lovely Favorit you've got there, what is the mileage?

You might be lucky with the sunroof, try this, when you've wound it fully shut, apply a little more pressure to the handle, you might just find it clicks into a final position and pulls the roof down tighter as it does! I thought mine had a slight leak when I first got it (same roof as yours) then discovered the last owner hadn't been closing it all the way as it has a tighter last bit where it "locks down" so to speak.

In any case, you can unlock and lift the panel out easily, then carefully clean the seal with baby wipes and polish the inside of the glass, this should sort out any drips if the above doesn't work :)

• Like 1

Cleaned the seal on the sunroof as you said. Seems to 'not leak' at the moment!

Also got the rear light unit replaced.

Put the 2 front tyres (fairly new-ish) on the back, and replaced the other 2 with new tyres on the front. All four balanced and tracking done. Car now drives beautifully, no vibrations, no pulling to the side.

Also replaced 2 of the exhaust hanger rubbers which has got rid of the annoying 'clunk' as the exhaust middle box hit the car floor.

All in all I'm very impressed with it as a little car. Very economical too.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

This information might be relevant only if you tell us:

• what percent you have been driving in city / on highway
  • how much weight you carried
  • what are your driving habits

ok.

1:Urban: 30% Rural lanes: 70%

2: Approx 13 stone including driver

3: Mostly 5th gear when possible, but also upper rev range of 3rd and 4th to overtake and to get to speed

Edited by impster