Do you have a working Multifunction display?

alianmac

An interesting question has emerged with regard to the multifunction display on my car. By multifunction display, I mean the ability to change what is displayed on the LCD panel mounted at the bottom of the speedo using buttons on the right hand stalk.

It may or may not be due to the fact that I had Cruise Control fitted by the dealer rather than as a factory option.

Do those of you with 75PS Elegance Greentech Citigo's have functioning multifunction displays?

I have the toggle button on the end of the right hand stalk (referred to as Button A in the user manual and labelled "Trip" on the stalk) and the "on/off" type button on the underneath of the stalk (referred to as Button B in the user manual and labelled "OK/Reset" on the stalk). So I seem to be equipped to use the memory, clock and driving information aspects of the multifunction display. However, when I press the buttons (with the ignition switched on I hasten to add), nothing happens with the display. All I can do is swap between trip and odometer, time and temperature using the push buttons built into the screen of the speedo.

I have raised this with the dealer - and they are pondering whether it is an issue or not. Their challenge is that they do not have an unmodified 75PS Elegance Greentech Citigo to compare it with and none of their documentation is categoric as to whether the multifunction display is a feature of a standard car of that spec or whether I have acquired the buttons on the stalk as a result of VAG-Tech fitting the cruise control.

If anyone does have a functioning multifunction display, I would be very interested to hear the trim level of your Citigo and the year.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Malcolm

My greentech elegance 2014 model does not have CC and does not have the switch controls. The multifunction changes with the dash buttons. It is in the body shop for accident at present therefore I cannot check the display.

I could understand it if mine didn't have the buttons on the RH stalk. But it does - so why did they fit the more expensive stalk if the MFA (their abbreviation for Multifunction display!?) was not going to be enabled?

All I can think of is

a) they ran out of buttonless RH stalks on the day that mine was made

B) VAG-Tech fitted it when they added the cruise control because it has to match the LH stalk

Both seem unlikely although not impossible.

Sometimes what the manual says you have may not apply to UK models.

I had the Greentech Elegance Citigo and only the push buttons in the speedo changed that display. Of course that was a 2012 (62 plate model) so things could have changed on the current models.

Edited by MickA

I assumed that because this model comes with the PID, all the info can be displayed on this....so it would just be duplicating the info on the speedo's LCD display - hence, it's not been enabled. That's my theory!

oxnboxn, That is a credible hypothesis - and of course there is no "extra" charge as the PID is fitted as standard on the Elegance. However, it does force one to have to use the PID even on short journeys.

I will have a play and see if I can master the PID sufficiently to see if the buttons affect the information displayed on the PID.

Don't anyone hold their breath!

That's a con then. More expense for a simple thing [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have to justify the cost. Obviously rear parking sensors and cruise control isn't enough!

I like having my mpg displayed on PID and digital speed on the trip

• Like 1