Which w/shop manual for 1.8 20v?

alanl

I've just bought a 1999 1.8 20v estate - it appears that Haynes do not do a specific manual, so looks like I'll have to get a VW or Audi one.

The 1.8 is an Audi engine isnt it?

And I presume it is non-turbo?

So which workshop manual would be most suitable for home sevicing/repairs?

Thanks

Alan.

you should buy the golf mk4 book as this is the closest you will get to octavia everything bar the body panels and some interior trim are the same including 20v turbo/non turbo engines

OK, cheers, I'll get one ordered.

Alan.

There's a 20v NON turbo?

Yep, I've got one - estate version, 1.8 20v SLX. SLX it doesnt seem to be listed on the page below, so I'm wondering if it is SLXi, or plain SLX, as on the rear badge and the V5.Seems like I'll have to open the bonnet to see if it has fuel injection or a carb!

I've been doing a lot of searching for info, and found that there are a lot of different combinations available, see this link for the different models of estate version:

http://www.parkers.co.uk/choosing/carreviews/printview.aspx?model_id=821

Alan.