part locations?

so I was so inundated with responses to my last post that I thought I,d try again .

can anyone help me with locating and accessing the various bits of the the remote control components (with pics if you have them), vcds lite doesn't display correctly from the ross tech site on the convenience module ie the positions 03 07 etc .the separate part 35 vcds comes up no communication with module  so now I,m thinking the problem is with that part but without the manual (still awaiting delivery ) I cant investigate it further unless some kindly soul would'st have pity and tell me its location and how to access it without taking the dash apart its an 03, 1.4 mpi  mk1 est  thank you please

VCDS cannot recode your remote key fob to suit your car, I believe you need this:

http://opelinfo.com/

Are you quite certain that your car actually has RCL fitted, I assume that the CL still works manually with the key in the lock.

If you have no RCL enabled module fitted then your car didn't come with it and you have a random key fob from some other car by mistake.

The control module is number 46, not number 35, this is the comfort system, you will have a soft coding like 00066 which would indicate a four door car with central locking and front electric windows.

If you post the VCDS output from module 46 I may be able to help you further.

Edited by sepulchrave

damn I could have sworn id replied to sepulchrave here yesterday my apologies to anyone who finds it in theirs, yes my soft coding is 0067 and according to the option codes decoder 8qe is code for remoe ops with key . it was section 9 I was getting no response from with vcds lite , where on the vehicle can I find this access/ it if it is indeed fitted is ther a way to test the o/p from the key other than it flashes and vag tacho is req ? I can see this ending up at a rip off dealer cos the fault doesn't merit the outlay 4 vag tacho I was hoping for an easy quick and cheap (yes I,m cheap!) resolution but its getting on my tits now. anyhoo any one who can provide any info it would be much appreciated