Starting issues

Hi guys looking for a bit of help, recently my 2005 VRS has developed a strange problem when trying to start, it starts and fires straight away but immediately conks out, you then have to keep it turning over pumping the throttle until it eventually comes to life. Running ok once started.

Cheers

Have you got a diag checker? That might be able to give you the fault code

Wonder if your battery is getting nackered. Alternator faulty.

i

It had a new battery in December and had the alternator pulley done in November last year.

I got full car breaking and another on the way let me know what u need

Ok will do cheers Steveo

i

It had a new battery in December and had the alternator pulley done in November last year.

Check wites to starter motor are not worn.connections.

Does it run lumpy once started?

No mate runs fine

Starter working fine, turns over

If you look up crank sensor. Think it could be the reason.

Possibly abit of **** stuck infuel line perhaps.causing the sudden stop have you fuel filter replaced at all?

any lights glowing on the dash? could be a lazy fuel pump

No lights on dash mate

If you look up crank sensor. Think it could be the reason.

Possibly abit of **** stuck infuel line perhaps.causing the sudden stop have you fuel filter replaced at all?

I think the crank sensor has been replaced last year as well, It would not start when in the garage and they did replace a sensor, it probably is due a service to be fair.

Seems to be getting worse, just seems to be when cold, starts ok when been already running. Do not seem to here the scoosh noise I used to here when you  first turn the ignition on any more either.

Right I am going to change the fuel pump relay as I cannot here the lift pump priming anymore and the fuel filter. This relay is on ebay for £15 will it be ok?http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-VEMO-Fuel-Pump-Relay-V15-71-0005-V15710005-/191235203550?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&fits=Model%3AFabia|Cars+Type%3A1.9+TDI+RS&hash=item2c8681a1de

Cheers Stevo, I have just ordered the new filter and will order a new relay as well for all that it is, cheers anyway mate.

• 2 weeks later...

fuel filter could have collapsed restricting flow of fuel until its actually running we've had a few in work with similar problems

Right guys, I have changed the fuel filter and fitted a new fuel pump relay, problem remains, when trying to start she usually fires first time then conks out and you have to turn it over for ages constantly pumping the throttle until it eventually fires up. Any ideas?