Odd request: Post pictures of your rain and light sensors

Hi guys,

As title, however I have a back story and some requirements for the pictures.

Today we have had a replacement windscreen fitted through insurance via Autoglass. Autoglass asked the correct questions when I initiated the claim. These were:

Does the vehicle gave a rain sensor?

Does the vehicle have black shading around the outer edges?

I answered yes to both those questions as that was what was fitted and I assume correct for the spec of the car (2010 Elegance).

Now whilst the screen I have fitted does conform to that spec, the light sensor is mounted lower down the screen, meaning the technician has had to pull the black plastic trunking out of the headliner and move the sensor around 1.5 inches lower down. This means the wiring loom is now exposed for the sensor which doesn't look right and certainly wasn't how we purchased the car.

My other issue is the black shaded area on the inside of the screen denoting where the rain and light sensor goes is much larger than the rain sensor which suggests a different sensor is meant for the screen , rather than what we have.

So, my request is:

Please can you post an internal shot of your rain/light sensor on your facelift Octavia showing where the trunking for light sensor sits in relation to the head cloth and how the rain sensor sits on the screen exposing or not exposing any shading on the inside of the screen (whatever the case may be).

Cheers!

There are two versions one is 110mm from the top the other 90mm from memory. They have put the wrong one in. Tell them you want the other one, they did the same to mine, I just told them and they changed it no questions asked

I had a similar problem a couple of years ago when I lost a front windscreen (car in signature).

Basically the position of the rain sensor moved slightly between pre-FL and FL cars (did the non-VRS' get a facelift too? Assuming they did).

Anyway, the sensor was moved down ever so slightly and if you got the wrong glass, well the wires won't reach and you get what happens with you.

When my Autoglass guy came out he checked everything and discovered the issue before taking the old screen out, so he was able to tell me the problem and come back two days later.....with a new screen.....which alos had the rain sensor part in the wrong place!

Turns out Autoglass had loads of the screens in stock - but labelled incorrectly, someone somewhere had assumed they were all the same when they weren't. Long story kept equally long - third time was a charm and the next time he came out he had the right glass and all was solved.

Looks like Autoglass have a similar problem again - so you've given them the right answers, told them the correct date of your car and they have glass mis-labelled. Hedge a guess - guy already had your old glass out before he noticed the issue and had no option but to fit the new glass and hope.

I've been in touch with Autoglass and told them the situation.

The case has now been referred to the 'Warranty Department', whom I'm expected a call from today. From there a technician/assessor will come out and inspect the issues.

I was just gathering evidence to back up my claim in case they weren't willing to play ball. Though by the sounds of your experiences with them and this issue, it's a bit more promising than I anticipated!

When I had mine done, the guy mentioned there is a different location for the rain sensor on the VRS's so maybe you had the VRS type screen fitted?

Luckily, the guy bought the right one for mine.

gallery_101080_1183_118842.jpg

The call from the warranty department didn't happen today, so I'll do some chasing tomorrow and see if I can at least get someone out to confirm there's been a mix-up.