mk2 vrs or mk 3?

I've got a 2014 mk3 VRS and a 2010 mk2 facelift VRS.  To me the mk2 feels like the sportier car.  The seats are firmer, and I think the DSG is more aggressive with its gear changes.  It just seems to change gears quicker.  The exhaust is definitely sportier sounding with a low thrum.  My mk3 has softer seats, and the throttle response seems very spongy compared to the mk2.  The mk3 is pretty quick, but not hugely quicker than the mk2. The mk3 is super quiet but the rear suspension is a total fail.  The mk2 is firm and can crash over bumps but the mk3 is just noisy and clunky and is a major disappointment for me.  The infotainment in the mk3 is a step up of course and the dash layout/interior is good, but not better than the mk2.  I really think that Skoda went cheap on the mk3 eg. the stereo.  The mk2 is a great car and the mk3 should have been even better, but I think Skoda just didn't deliver.  To be honest I enjoy driving the mk2 as much as the mk3.  For me Skoda gets a "could have tried harder" mark for the mk3.

Edited by willkiwi
  • Like 1

Forgot to state, it  must be a manual gearbox as well. Strange thing is looking in autotrader now I am out to buy, there are even less Octavia VRS petrols out there than when I was just browsing. Oh well I will just have to wait and be patient. Cheers for the good comparison between your mk3 and mk2  Willkiwi. 

Forgot to state, it must be a manual gearbox as well. Strange thing is looking in autotrader now I am out to buy, there are even less Octavia VRS petrols out there than when I was just browsing. Oh well I will just have to wait and be patient. Cheers for the good comparison between your mk3 and mk2 Willkiwi.

Have you tried Skoda's used car section on their website? The diesel outsold the petrol by about 4:1 IIRC so there will always be fewer petrol ones about. I'm betting the petrols got bought mostly by private owners doing low miles too so they probably hold on to them for longer too which doesn't help you much. Good luck

Cheers mate, I will keep an eye on this site. It does seem that a late mk2 petrol VRS with low mileage is hard to find. Nice one came up in Milton Keynes in Autotrader, it's also still on the Skode site. Phoned up the day it was advertised, it was SOLD. Dam too late again. Must keep patient.