fabia 1.2 htp engine light on

andyliu

Hi, I have found my engine light keep on, get code read is p0342, showing is camshaft sensor issue, and just replace camshaft sensor, but the engine light still keep on, is maybe other issue?

Check that there are no damaged wires near the cam sensor connector.

Check that the chain timing is still correct.

What year is the car, and is it a 6-valve engine or 12-valve? If it is a 12-valve, there are some instructions for checking the chain timing in post #21 of this thread.

Did they say there was a misfire fault code?

If the only fault code is still indicating a cam sensor fault, I suggest you try a different garage, or try harder to check the chain timing yourself.

Is the problem that your engine doesn't look like the one in my pictures, or that I don't explain the method clearly enough?

Hi,there is no misfire code,only code is p0341p and p 04342, the things is start engine OK when is cold, after few stop , when try to restar engine, need to try few times,