Spend on a remap, sort out the bodywork, or something else?

So, I have saved up about £600 and wondering what you suggest I spend it on:

1) Send to an indy smart repair to fix up a few scrapes and a broken front bumper towards the offside area.

2) Get a remap.

3) Invest in some other mechanical improvements (if so, what?)

4) Put it in an ISA.

I am terrible with decision making....so that's why I resort to you guys to point me in the right direction :)

FWIW, 57 reg MK2 VRS, 120k on the clock, not planning on getting rid of it for the next 4 years.

Thank you, Briskodians!

Edited by fsa

Personally if you have a house and all settle then spend it and have some fun if you don't then isa..

I personally have a house done all body work improvements first as it's important to me to be in mint condition. now I've done that mine booked in for remap and dsg map...

Nikonite: when I walk towards the car, I always feel bad about the scuffs etc...but then I drive it and all the sadness goes away :D

kjaybVrs: Oh, I am no way near settled, but still a long away from being granted a mortgage, so I guess ISA is the sensible option. (I can be impulsive sometimes...trying to keep that under control by seeking opinions).

• Like 1

Nikonite: when I walk towards the car, I always feel bad about the scuffs etc...but then I drive it and all the sadness goes away :D

kjaybVrs: Oh, I am no way near settled, but still a long away from being granted a mortgage, so I guess ISA is the sensible option. (I can be impulsive sometimes...trying to keep that under control by seeking opinions).

I was the same mate but wife keeps me in check now  :D

but being sensible its bloody hard and boring when its not coded in your DNA  :D

but now we have set everything up i now mess about with my octy getting her look nice and now go like she should do..

• Like 1

If the scuffs are on metal bits get them fixed you don't want rust.

Otherwise, it's really up to you.

Personally I think that the VRS (I had  petrol) would benefit from upgrades to the suspension more than just extra power. But a remap is easier.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the very delayed reply to you guys. Thanks so much for your input!

Some of the scuffs are on metal bits, others on the plastic front bumper. I'll prioritise the metal ones, thanks. I might just read up on detailingworld and do it myself for now.

Funny that you mention suspension...I was thinking that over the last month. It doesn't feel as tight as it used to, and obviously no comparison to a Fabia with a RARB. I'll explore this.

Thanks, guys!