Throttle body problems felicia fun

Hello everybody I'm new to the forum hope your all ok. Been having trouble with my fun cutting out when cold and stopping but it's fine when its warmed up. Brought a 2nd hand throttle body as this seems like the main culprit for this problem so when I was taking old one out it was covered in oil and was taped up as pipe from air filter didn't seem like a snug fit but it's not a snug fit on new one either at least 5mm all the way round is the throttle body wrong or pipe wrong sorry about my very little mechanical knowledge. Also do I need a vag-com to reset ecu or does disconnecting battery work many thanks guys

Hi there I have had many 1.6aee and they all are the same on the rubber on throttle body... The rubber seal is not a separate item from dealer it's the hole plastic part £££... Some times disconeting battery will work.. It should make a noise then stop if its fine if not will probably need vag com to do basic settings.

Uma thank you for the reply. on my air intake I do not have any rubber it's just plastic that slides over the top of the throttle body I take it that this part is missing then are these still available and do they have a name (easier to find on net) if not would a plumbers ajustable rubber collar work the same

I can't find anywhere breaking any near me and places will not ship because of it not being worth it to them have up loaded parts picture if any body has number 9 please let me know thank you all

I may be able to help you on the seal as I just been digging in my spares and found the seal you needed.... let me know. I can post...