Yeti Rear Bumpers......will latest shape fit earlier model?

Foxy

I'm just repairing an 11'reg and i've bought a second hand bumper to replace the existing damaged one.

However, the replacement seems damaged too.

I saw a new shape (14-reg) bumper up for sale, and to my eye it looks like it should fit the older model.

Am I right in saying the only rear end changes were tailgate and bumper?

I'd be grateful for any factual answers cheers  :thumbup:

The part number will be different as it's a different shape to the old bumper

The tailgate does not appear to be significantly different to the old version

The new bumper is much better than the old one as it does away with an awful dirt trap at the back of the bodywork

I would try it if you can get it cheap enough--I suppose you can always re flog it if it is no good

I shouldn't have thought they will have changed the body fixings for it---that would be rather expensive just for a minor facelift

Yes, I agree - I like the newer bumper in preference to the old style.
The new one is 3-piece, with the painted smooth part colour coded to the body, so looks much more integrated, rather than a "cheap" bit of plastic.

Dealer price for the old style skin is over 300 quid......crazy.

I may well give the new one a go, as I can get it at the right price.

I might just have a look at the side mount bracket part numper on Partsbase, and see if they are same between the two "models"

Cheers for the help.....I will report any useful findings 

I seem to recall the black bit was about 250€ about 12 mnths ago from skoda france - I can make enquiries if you like, I will be returning to uk, nth worcs in a couple of weeks or so, I could bring one across! - you would need to collect!

Yes, I agree -......

The new one is 3-piece, with the painted smooth part colour coded to the body, so looks much more integrated, rather than a "cheap" bit of plastic.....

Oiy!!

nuf of that!

Some of us take ours with 'character'........if ya know what I mean.

Just driving along the M56 toward Manchester tonight, I saw a 61-plate Yeti Adventure (pre-facelift) driving along with new rear bumper fitted.

So yes, it appears it can be fitted.

Cheers for the input and "137699" - good work on the spotting front.

The bumper's arrived and comparison of the two bumpers - it looks like the fixing locations are all same and that the shape where it meets the rear quarters and the arches is same.

£70 delivered was a bargain I think!

The tow eye cover is missing.......not a couple of quid like the old one, oh noooooooooo.......it's silver so £14 !!

A slight mod required where the two panels beside the rear lights clip-in......there are three "tangs" upper and also lower on the loose panel.......however the new bumper is missing the centre lower hole to accept one of them.....

There is a tab that looks superfluous so that'll get dremell'ed!

Another thing.......the early model has parking sensors "4H0 919 275".....which are pure PDC.........whereas the new shape has part number "5Q0 919 275" (the inner ones of 6-sensor models).

This bumper has 4x holes, and hence unless I bodge the old sensors into the holes (the sensors are a little smaller) then i'll need 4x new sensors 5Q0 type.

The 5Q0 type are supposedly PDC / PLA compatible.........thing is, does anyone know whether the 5Q0 type will work with the older module, and also plug into the connectors?