Goodyear F1 Asymmetrics or something else?

JohnMcL7

It's time to replace the front tyres on my Mazda6 2.5 (170bhp), I opted for Goodyear F1 Asymmetrics on the Octavia VRS PD TDI based on recommendations here and they seemed good so I'm leaning towards them again as they seem reasonable in cost (£126 for 225/45R18).  The Mazda is easier on the tyres than the Octavia as there's no turbo nor sudden jump in power, I've noticed some good reviews for the Goodyear Efficientgrip tyres so wondering if it's worth considering something else rather than the F1 Asymmetrics?

Thanks,

John

• Like 1

Was going to suggest the Efficient Grips but you've got it already.

Had them on the VRS and put them on the Honda as well. Impressed with them.

Got decent mpg gains with the VRS but haven't notice an increase with the Honda. They're still good tyres but grippy not sporty if that's important.

• Like 1

Oponeo Tyres online were doing some good deals on Goodyear Asymmetrics when I ordered mine.

£95 a corner delivered - just arrange fitting locally when they arrive.

Or - I have a mate running a Mazda 6 2008 - same engine etc; he uses Hankook V12's and rates them highly.

Certainly worth a consideration saving another £10 a corner perhaps.

• Like 1

Thanks for prompt replies, no Costco up here so unfortunately that's not an option - with camskill and oponeo, do you need to organise the fitting yourself?

The Hankook tyres sound like they could be a good option, I don't use the car much and don't tend to hammer it but I don't want to skimp on tyres too much.

John

• Like 1

No Costco try black circles you pick your tyre they do all the comparison you then arrange fitting the deliver them to the garage you want them fitted at and the whole price is included in the one you pay over the internet. I used them just recently for the second time only because Costco didnt have 4 tyres they only had 3 and didnt want to wait a week. 

http://www.blackcircles.com/order/tyres/search

It's Blackcircles I was planning on using, I've used them before and although their prices aren't the cheapest now it seems they're still reasonable.

John

• Like 1