Has someone received car with Apple Carplay/Android Auto?

Smartlink only works with USB. Data usage for google maps is 300mb since I got my car (got it week 27) it looks like google maps caches the data it needs so if you loose signal it will carry on. In perspective Spotify have used 5gb, but you have the opportunity to download songs for offline use.

So there is no additionnal hardware needed for the connectivity between the phone and the system. Thanks !

Well google doesn't have much info on what's going on when you connect your phone. But I find it very unlikely that's the difference between a smartlink bolero and a standard unit is only software. Not only does it screen cast from your phone, but the phone also gain access to the cars sensors and hardware buttons from a single USB connection. I'm just guessing here, but if the bolero was not designed for carplay and auto ind mind, it needed some kind of hardware board. But until some guy (not me) opens up the box we don't know for sure :)

• Like 2

I received my car yesterday and have been using the Android Auto for a bit. It works great, the navigation is fast and has good voice commands. Also the spotify app works very nice, only i wonder whats the difference when using the app as a free or a premium user (there will be just no ads and can skip more songs?).

I received my car yesterday and have been using the Android Auto for a bit. It works great, the navigation is fast and has good voice commands. Also the spotify app works very nice, only i wonder whats the difference when using the app as a free or a premium user (there will be just no ads and can skip more songs?).

We are picking up the wife's car tomorrow so glad to hear about the android auto. We use Deezer for music so can't help you with your Spotify question. I'm hoping Deezer will work just the same as Spotify on the system.

No ads and you can download music to listen to offline. Better for saving data usage!

We are picking up the wife's car tomorrow so glad to hear about the android auto. We use Deezer for music so can't help you with your Spotify question. I'm hoping Deezer will work just the same as Spotify on the system.

Sadly the Deezer app wont work, im using it also but android auto doesn't support it.

The list of apps from wiki, that android auto supports: Google MapsGoogle Play Music, MLB at Bat, SpotifySongzaStitcheriHeart Radio, and TuneIn.

But you can still use deezer via bluetooth and it works very good.

Sadly the Deezer app wont work, im using it also but android auto doesn't support it.

The list of apps from wiki, that android auto supports: Google Maps, Google Play Music, MLB at Bat, Spotify, Songza, Stitcher, iHeart Radio, and TuneIn.

But you can still use deezer via bluetooth and it works very good.

Thanks for the heads up. Not too bothered then as long as can still stream the music via Bluetooth. Really just having maps working that I'm most concerned about.

Ok, so picked the wife's car up this morning. First things first was check Smartlink and guess what, I couldn't get it to work. Now this may well be just me(or my phone) but I thought I'd reach out for some friendly advice?

Firstly does anyone have a link to the compatible devices list for Smartlink? I can't seem to find it.

Secondly, is there a trick to it? Do I need to do anything on the phone end? I just plugged it in, went to add device, it found my phone but it just kept failing. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4, so a flagship phone, which I would assume would work with Android Auto. It's not too new and not too old(although it is getting old for me now and coming up for its yearly renewal) so not sure why it wouldn't be compatible. It's running the latest android software if that makes a difference either way.

Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers.

Allegedly anything running Android lollipop will work. But my galaxy s4 works while the newer moto g 4g doesn't.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Android Auto isnt available internationally, so if you search from Google Play store and don't find it, then just google Andoid Auto APK and download the latest manually.

Also make sure that you have Google maps update to the latest version.

Thanks. I've managed to get it working. It wasn't very straightforward and ended up just working somewhat accidentally.

It went onto Mirrorlink first which nothing of course worked then with some unplugging and plugging in it seemed to connect with the app where I could ok all the user agreements and then it worked.

A quick test of it driving to the supermarket and back, it seems ok. Maps worked fine. I got a message on whatsapp which it read out and I could reply via voice all without taking my hands from the wheel. All worked pretty well... touch wood!

And on a side note, the car is excellent!

• Like 1

Got my car earlier this week and tried to connect up with a Moto E (2nd Gen) 4G using Android 5.0.2. There is a Smartlink icon in the Bolero menu and an option to connect via Android Auto (which I selected) or Mirrorlink. All attempts to connect to date have resulted in a message saying 'connection failed your device is not compatible with Mirrorlink' So I don't know if Smartlink is actually enabled on the car or it only has Mirrorlink or if my phone isn't compatible. I do have the Android Auto App on the Phone. If I have no joy in a few days I will just buy a Kenu Airframe and use the Satnav app HERE which is free, has offline maps and works well. Otherwise extremely pleased with the car and the way it drives. 

I think Motorola have a problem with android auto, same thing with my octavia and moto g 4g

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Pardon? A few weeks back you wrote -

"I've just got an Octavia with the smart link system - it works brilliantly with my Moto G 4G (an android phone that cost me £105 brand new and unlocked from Three). I have the amundsen sat nav but so far I've been using google maps as I find it better to use. It also works brilliantly with the andorid voice activated search. I am able to send and receive texts, make calls, navigate and even ask it questions all without taking my hands off the wheel. It's outstanding"

What happened??

Pardon? A few weeks back you wrote -

"I've just got an Octavia with the smart link system - it works brilliantly with my Moto G 4G (an android phone that cost me £105 brand new and unlocked from Three). I have the amundsen sat nav but so far I've been using google maps as I find it better to use. It also works brilliantly with the andorid voice activated search. I am able to send and receive texts, make calls, navigate and even ask it questions all without taking my hands off the wheel. It's outstanding"

What happened??

I know, I know. I am baffled but I cannot make it connect any more. I've asked Motorola but they're not sure. I tried it with a neighbour's moto x and it said it wasn't compatible, but then it decided it was after all.

As a pre week 22 sel owner is their a visual difference between the old and the new system. My car came with 1 SD card slot in the glove box and below the radio 1 aux socket 1 USB and a plugin power point.

As a pre week 22 sel owner is their a visual difference between the old and the new system. My car came with 1 SD card slot in the glove box and below the radio 1 aux socket 1 USB and a plugin power point.

not sure about the fabia but on the yeti and Octavia the screens are bigger and there is no CD player

Mine is produced week 28, i've got smartlink, not tested yet. I have also 1 sd card slot in the glove box, and 1 usb and 1 aux below the radio next to the 12v socket

Mine is produced week 28, i've got smartlink, not tested yet. I have also 1 sd card slot in the glove box, and 1 usb and 1 aux below the radio next to the 12v socket

If I understand it correctly Mirror Link, Android Auto and Apple car play are all accessed via the usb cable and the phone. Someone wrote they had got the new system running with a £100 phone it would cost me nearly £500 with the software to access Mirror Link on my car with a phone which may not work so I have reluctantly accepted the Garmin Satnav. My feeling is Skoda have abandoned us because if Android updates to say bacon sandwich the few phones that work now may become obsolete or you may never be able to update your phone Joe

• 2 weeks later...

Got my car earlier this week and tried to connect up with a Moto E (2nd Gen) 4G using Android 5.0.2. There is a Smartlink icon in the Bolero menu and an option to connect via Android Auto (which I selected) or Mirrorlink. All attempts to connect to date have resulted in a message saying 'connection failed your device is not compatible with Mirrorlink' So I don't know if Smartlink is actually enabled on the car or it only has Mirrorlink or if my phone isn't compatible. I do have the Android Auto App on the Phone. If I have no joy in a few days I will just buy a Kenu Airframe and use the Satnav app HERE which is free, has offline maps and works well. Otherwise extremely pleased with the car and the way it drives. 

Just to update on this after more failed connection attempts I contacted Skoda UK for advice and they confirmed my build week as 24 therefore the car would definitely have the Smartlink system. The person i spoke to suggested that the cable may be at fault (I had bought a spare to keep in the car) so I tried the original one that came with my phone and it worked! However after my initial excitement at actually getting the thing to work I'm finding that the connection is lost on a regular basis so it isn't reliable. Each time this happens I notice that the app notification access to Android Auto has been unchecked and I have to re-do it before attempting to connect again. So I still don't know whether the fault lies with the system, my phone or the cable.  As an aside I did buy a Kenu Airframe but the angle of the dash where the vents are is not right in the Fabia to get the phone in a good position.