Columbus trim panel

Got my Columbus RNS510 ready to replace the Bolero, all I need is the new facia panel to suit manual Climatic controls. Old panel is aluminium/silver look (whatever the standard colour is for an SE spec'ed silver car) with a black insert around the ventilation controls. There is no part no. on the back, just scattered letters & numbers in no discernable order. After going cross-eyed searching I've found threads for VRS, Climatronic, pre fl, and L&K. I know it isn't 1Z0 858 069 EF WD1, it fits but it's too dark & metallic looking (neighbour has one he bought by mistake for his Yeti). Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks iaind1, I'll look into that.

Forgot to say, main stealer looked on ETKA, muttered about item 9 or 10, scrolled up & down a bit then said "sorry, no can do" and wandered off.

Sounds like a useful dealer!

Superskoda have a load of variations of fascia. Skodaparts.com is worth a look - send them a request form if it's not on there and they reply pretty quickly

I've had hours of innocent fun with the dealers parts dept. Apparently repair wires 000979009E & 000979133E don't exist! To be fair, they're generally pretty good but there's one guy who just cant be arsed.

I've sent a request to Skodaparts - they list one that looks right but the description in written in what to me is Skodaspeak gibberish. Can anyone translate PR-7TK+9W0/9W5/9W8/9ZU into English?

Had a look on Superskoda, lots of interesting goodies, the one iaind1 suggested looks rather too bright, so off goes another email to check it out.

Thanks Anddenton, that's cleared things up nicely. The Skodaparts description says Octavia Navigation Trim, so presumably it fits Amundsen or Columbus 'cos Bolero and Stream aren't navigation units. 7TK Decorative Inserts is probably the small black panel around the ventilation knobs, and I am without car phone preparation/installation (as yet). If the silver part is the right shade of silver or whatever the finish is called for my trim level this could be the one!

Skodaparts.com have just emailed for more details about the vehicle: things are looking good!

There are only 2 shapes of stereo - the stream/bolero and the Columbus/Amundsen shape, you can generally tell by looking as the latter is much more square, the former has sloping sides

Skodaparts.com have come up with the answer: 1Z0858069BH2AU is what I need, the colour is 2AU Finely Turned Aluminium, only snag is the price - an eye-watering £76! Will order one when finances allow, that's a whole tank full of diesel.

Thanks to all you Briskodians who helped sort this headache, no thanks to Skoda for making a simple trim part so f***ing hard to identify.

Edited by OldHairy

Skodaparts.com have come up with the answer: 1Z0858069BH2AU is what I need, the colour is 2AU Finely Turned Aluminium, only snag is the price - an eye-watering £76! Will order one when finances allow, that's a whole tank full of diesel.

Thanks to all you Briskodians who helped sort this headache, no thanks to Skoda for making a simple trim part so f***ing hard to identify.

Have you priced one up with the dealer? Mine only cost £38 but was listed elsewhere for double the price.

Columbus is in and working! Got the neighbours slightly wrong coloured trim on it at the moment but it's all good and voice control is giving me hours of amusement. Will get a facia quote from the dealer when the competent parts desk chap comes back from his hols.

Next project will be to sort out the missinstalled Parrot kit, it came with the car, "professionaly" installed by someone with good technical knowlege but the practical skills of a dyspraxic baboon on a bad acid trip.