Whistling turbo - but no other symptoms!

My 2009 Octy 2 Tdi (BXE engine) has done 150k miles. It had its EGR mapped out two years ago, after a HOST of problems - and it's run fine ever since. After the remap some whine from the turbo became very noticeable, and I think it's been getting worse recently. When I turn the engine off I can clearly hear it spool down.  However, there is NO smoke form the exhaust, It's not using oil, no fault codes .. 
 It makes me feel anxious because I dont want to be stranded with the turbo failing and costing me a fortune in repairs, so I'm wondering whether to change the turbo, fit a new or remanufactured one, or get a new CHRA fitted.  Or could it just need the pipes clearing out??

Any advice appreciated.

It is very much like the cambelt gamble. A car can run forever on the original cambelt, others fail prematurely, usually the month before getting it changed.

A turbo that whistles is nothing to worry about, even if it has got slightly louder recently. Yes it suggests that the turbo is showing signs of wear but it doesn't necessarily mean imminent failure is just around the corner.

There is a risk that if the turbo fails suddenly that you risk causing subsequent damage but this is rare, likewise if the turbo does begin to loose boost then you will get warning lights and limp-home mode so it is unlikely to leave you stranded.

If the car is a keeper then start looking around for low cost used turbo's, time is still on your side.