The "I'm happy with my VRS" topic

Had mine for 17 months, now on 38k miles, petrol VRS DSG, pushing out over 330bhp and 368flbt (map has been on now for over 25k miles).

The car hasn't let me down at all, no problems, well pleased, does what it says on the tin and more.

Soft paint does mean at 38k miles I have a lot of stone chips on the front albeit I may sort this after the next winter.

Other than that, having a car that can easily crack sub 6 seconds to 60 and around 11 seconds to 100mph (just me and the car) and still return over 40mpg while carrying me and the family - what more could you want eh, maybe 4x4???  :D  :D  :D

What happened ?

Believe 73henny fell foul to the boost pressure sensor issue thats now relatively well known on 184 TDI's twice.

Bad luck as I see it but guess he saw just cause to get rid of the car.

Thats correct unfortunately. 

But it was the bad back I had from the firm ride which prompted me to sell.

Cheers guys,

good to see that I'm nott he only one ;-)

Where are the unrestricted Autobahns that are 15 mins away from Luxembourg?

You take the A 13 in the direction of Saarbrücken, or the A1 to Trier. Once you hit the German border it's bye bye fuel economy (legally, though I never go there just for driving fast, that's a bit daft).

Couple of things.....

The vRS only has a 50l tank so does impede its useful range.

Also the reserve on the TDI's is vast (a good several litres of fuel) so when its on zero range....the reality is the car will likely carry on for another 60/80 miles driven sensibly before it actually runs out. They have done this I believe to prevent the associated issues of running a diesel out of fuel (air locks, crap dragged into fuel system etc).

Daft I know but VAG must seem some logic in the changes. Id rather it had a 55/60l tank myself :-)

Yes and yes. This morning ours said only 30km left, yet I managed to put only 43L in. I never managed to put more than 44L in the tank.

Edited by TomLux

• 2 months later...

Had the VRS a couple of weeks now and overall I'm incredibly pleased with it. Spec as follows and also happy with the selection:

MY16 VRS Combi TDI manual. Candy white, heated leather with red detail, black styling pack, canton sound, colour maxidot, power tailgate, ipod and blue tooth interface. Heated screen washers. Reversible load liner.

Covered 1200 miles on a mixed bag of driving (none of it for economy) so it's currently showing an average of 45.6 on the computer. I know this will improve. The fuel tank is smaller than I'm used to.

Compared to my 2012 Audi Q5 which the VRS replaced I'd say the quality is comparable. The Amundsen touch screen navigation is so much more advanced and intuitive than the Audi MMI system.

I'm loving the interior space . For its class this car is just cavernous! Thd blue tooth is also much superior to the Q5 ( sorry for the comparisons but this is my yardstick). Has some toys I wasn't aware of like the adaptive xenon in Sport mode ( where it shall always live during my ownership) and lane assist. I'm not sure if this is linked to the 2016 MY?

Only get used to niggles are minor. It's the first non 4x4 I've had in a long time so I'm getting used to the wheels losing traction a little. I find the glove compartment a bit cheap and plastic and not in keeping with the rest of the interior build quality. I'd have liked a 12v socket inside the armrest cubby as per the Audi but I'll get one fitted.

There's a slight weep of oil on one of my power tailgate struts so having read on here that it's a known issue I will keep an eye on that. I find the absence of gas struts on the bonnet most odd for a car of this quality but I've bought the retrofit set from Superskoda so no biggie.

Overall I'm absolutely delighted with the car. I've tried uploading photos but they're too big. Will need to change my phone settings and try again. Not that you don't all know what they look like!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Picked up my new vRS yesterday, still not stopped grinning. This is my 4th Octavia (previously had 02 vRS, 05 TDi Elegance, 61 TSI Elegance), interesting to see how things have moved on! Only complaint so far came from the children - it's not fair because all of the cool stuff is in the front, not the back :)

• Like 1