'Cluster' damaged, seeking opinion

parambyte

Hello. My Yeti had a strange problem. When I switch he Off Road button on, the tyre pressure indicator, alternator indicator, the traction control indicator and one more (I forget which one) glow in the dashboard.

When I switch the Off Road button off, all the warning indicators disappear.

When I swicth the left indicator, the alternator and headlight warning Indicators blink.

The Skoda service centre says my 'cluster' is damaged. Just curious, what does that mean?

Incidentally I have extended warranty, but just wanted to know exactly what could be the issue.

Depending on the age of the car, I wonder if it might be a failing battery. I had something similar on a previous car, all sorts of odd electrical glitches, then the battery suddenly died on me and once I replaced it no more problems. So might be worth getting the battery tested?

Depending on the age of the car, I wonder if it might be a failing battery. I had something similar on a previous car, all sorts of odd electrical glitches, then the battery suddenly died on me and once I replaced it no more problems. So might be worth getting the battery tested?

Agree....modern cars with all their tech laden toys need a constant/minimum voltage level......as mentioned before BMW high end cars get a new battery every year due to them not being reliable in the second.

For manufacturers it's become 'an issue'.

The car is a little over 3.5 years old, but yes, moisture and battery could be issues. Where I live, humidity is just a tad less than under the ocean.

Again, since it's been over 3.5 years, I had raised the issue of battery as well with the service centre and they claimed It ok.

Is there a recommended battery spec? Anyway I can test it on my own? The engine compartment and battery terminals look clean.

The car is generally well maintained and has logged only some 27000 km.

Edited by parambyte

Assuming it hasn't been to a 'panel shop' - I'd take every fuse and relay out, one by one, and give them a bit of WD40 then 'work' them back in.

Seemingly inexplicable happenings are often resolved with a new, highest cca battery that will fit and certainly a corrosive environment doesn't help.

• 2 weeks later...