Pre fl 3 spoke hybrid wheel project

Got my steering wheel yesterday and did a brief test fit using my spare airbag from the 4 spoke wheel. The good news is aligning lugs fit perfectly leaving me to believe that either a mk5 golf or seat airbag cover will fit the Skoda airbag. Done a lot of research on it lately and it seems the packing and locking lugs of the mk5 golf airbag cover are most likely to fit. The mk5 cover is £23 so cheap enough if it doesn't work. I kind of wish there was a way to keep the Skoda airbag cover , I may look into getting carbon filler sections made (open to suggestions) or even fibreglass some myself and put carbon 3m stuff on. I Like the way the airbag stands a little proud. Test fit photos so far.

post-128022-0-62676200-1436694262_thumb.jpg

post-128022-0-61958000-1436694274_thumb.jpg

The airbags for the mk5 golf and seat wheels are over £100 used, the mk5 golf seems to use the same airbag as Skoda with just a different cover. I have 2 Skoda airbags and no mk5 golf ones

Airbag is on, think I will carbon wrap the seat badge. Feels so much better than the Octavia wheel as it's so much chunkier. All buttons work as expected other than the left infinite circle thing which I have no idea of the function.

post-128022-0-60493400-1436877858_thumb.jpg

How did you get it wired up to the stereo? I like it. Mate has one in his Leon!

You can have the wheel and airbag for £70 if you want it :) have spotted another that may work better for my plans lol