mrburdon123 TT

mrburdon123

Hi

Used to own a mk2 fab vrs. Its on here too.

Sold the for a mk1 TT 225 Bam motor. I thought the fabia was too lightweight for heavy mods hence the new chose.

Scouted around fow a few months and found the one I wanted with the right engine and one the Mrs liked so she couldn't moan about me working on it.

Just down the road with 70k, fsh and an honest untouched engine.

20150402_111747_zps85nfpxbt.jpg

20150414_185258_zpskhlwqswz.jpg

It drove ok but loads of jobs needed doing after the first week of ownership.

Bulbs changed straight away

20150503_210211_zpsgwmgpnb4.jpg

It's got xenons as standard with washers and self leveling so no work to be done there. That was until I realised one of the washer jets was dead so changed that. Pita job but satisfying and good to inspect the intercoolers for leaks - all good there

20150615_213935_zpswu7py50a.jpg.

Further fiddling in the engine bay showed that I'd actually bought a bit if an unloved tt. The injector seals were seaping, pcv system was perished and clogged. Rocker cover leaking, just to name a few.

Took this in the process of sorting it out

20150403_173405_zpsc6gtetsz.jpg

And thought I'd get into a bit of engine bay styling.....y not. Maybe a bit ott but that was the intention for this car

20150414_185340_zpst7jlccjn.jpg

After doing this I realised the timing belt was slack so held my head down and took it to a garage to get it replaced.

I took the OZ superturismo wheels off the skoda and they turn out to be a match for the tt with some new rubber. I finally finished the referb and was happy to put them on. Still got the oringinal TT wheels which im not sure what to do with

20150521_132249_zpspfkimgss.jpg

20150521_132325_zpshnt5tui1.jpg

20150521_135307_zps38yhhnba.jpg

20150523_195805_zpsei486ody.jpg

this is with 20mm rear and 15mm front spacers

with the engine supposedly sorted, i took it to midland VW for a revo stage 1 :)

I fitted a boost gauge which said all was good, holding around 10psi of boost stock. 

First run on the rollers (the wife even came lol) the car was stinking of egg :( did a good number of runs, logging this and that and it looked like clogged cats. 

Q a 3" milltek downpipe and 200cel cat :) 

I had this fitted at midland VW and was booked in on the same day for a revo stage 2. I put a larger bore TIP and pipercross panel filter, fresh plugs and worked on getting the vacuum pipes refreshed and re routed, new hocky puck breather, MAF and 1 way check valves to make sure all would be well for the mapping.

excuse the tapped on DV control solenoid as i was in the process of moving this but had to get to work.

20150608_234440_zpsuvshv0na.jpg

20150610_112725_zpsceelphez.jpg

20150610_113102_zpsok21eeus.jpg

I was really miffed when the fitter said that the subframe cross member fouled on the DP. We decided it would be ok to do a bit of chopping to get the work done. im yet to weld it back on tho

20150610_113111_zps4msk1c9y.jpg

no knocks or vibrations to report but it it  vv close to the propshaft flange tho!

ran it up on the RR and there still was an obvious issue with it. The guys putting the revo thought it may be a dodgy map so flashed the revo stage 2- and ran it up again........

sam-tt_zpsvmqretme.jpg

Took it home now thinking the turbo was caput. 

fortunaly, i did a double check of all the vacuum hoses and found that i was running with a leaking N249 Valve, i was basically leaking boost back into the tip and a bit through the value. now running with this bypassed and i have a peak of 23psi with this dropping and holding at 19. This is with the revo map turned down a bit as we thought the turbo was on its way out. It seems not. 

Im yet to take it back to Midland VW and put it on the rollers as i have been getting other engine and handling mods done before.

20150715_184740_zpskcuutmt7.jpg

Badger 5 TIP

20150707_180239_zpsadboltk7.jpg

Also fitted over the last few weeks are

ECS wishbones and bushes,

ECS dogbone,

Bilstein B12 kit,

oil pick up pipe, 

drilled/vented discs

Latest

N75

CTS

Pre cat o2 

DV #710p

hockypuck PVC

MAF

Deleted

breather pipes from under inlet manifold to CCB

N249

Iv had this car about 2 1/2 months now and im currently bashing head against wall trying to find the cause of a bouncy idle....makes me wanna cry sometimes lol

Have you cleaned the throttle body?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Did a pressure test last night and it's holding at 17psi. Could a leak hold boost but leak vac? I see 17 18 inhg at idle and 20 21inhg on in gear deceleration. Boost spikes at 23 and drops to a steady 18psi.

Coolent temp sensor is brand new too

Did a pressure test last night and it's holding at 17psi. Could a leak hold boost but leak vac? I see 17 18 inhg at idle and 20 21inhg on in gear deceleration. Boost spikes at 23 and drops to a steady 18psi.

Coolent temp sensor is brand new too

OEM Cts?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Hooked up another boost leak test tonight. It appears I have a duff n75 valve. I only replaced it new a few weeks ago but it's leaking through to the TIP and I'm sure it shouldn't.

electronic boost controller or replace with new n75?

looks great, I'd be a bit frustrated too if its only running what a stock CTHE can do with an exhaust and air filter ;) (sorry!)

seems there was a few issues!

hope you get them sorted, will be watching with interest :)

Hi shark. Yea I think atm a sweet running fabia in a straight line would be a match. Round corners the tt is a different beast tho. Sticks like no car iv had before.

Did a red line run logging the maf and it's showing 213 so by the quick calc that's 250bhp. I still think there's another 30bhp ro be had once I get this valve sorted.

Also working on a diy filter and heatshield setup. Step 1 complete but will take it from here. I want something that looks good but works. I think I want something similar to the velocity stack that draft42 do but with a foam filter not a k&n