MY16 speaker setup

reading all the complaints about the quality of the sound from the octavia sound system, I was surprised, as my 16MY system us fine, good sound, well balanced and Gould bass.

Then,meaning the latest brochure on the UK website, it reads something like "if you upgrade to the canton system,my is get a central speaker "

Hang on, I think, I have a central facia speaker??

I don't have Canton, but I do have a fully working central speaker.

Is the brochure jus leading,mor us the central speaker an addition on the 16my Admundsen?

• Like 1

The sound generator doesn't feed through the audio system - there is an actuator/speaker thing at the base of the windscreen in the middle of the engine bay and the sound is generated by that.

There's a grille in the middle of the dash but I doubt there's a speaker behind it. Unless it's for alerts from the Nav?

Do agree with Warkman, sound is reasonably good. Just don't change the treble, mid, base from default. Move anything off default and it sounds horrible!

Sent from Tapatalk for Android

• Like 1

I will try and get a video if it, but yes, sound is definitely coming out if it, hence my question, as the brochure still says only four speakers at the front (2xdoor and 2xtweeters at the door mirror)

I gave altered the settings, as they were too far forward, now have the centre behind me.

Doubt the Amundsen has 9 as standard so Warkman you may have a one off on your hands. Knew the engine sound generator came from the front. Cheers London Les.