Clutch issues after replacement

Hi all, Just replaced my clutch. As far as i'm aware all went smoothly. came to bleed the clutch as had no pedal. after bleeding we still struggled to get any pressure so we removed to slave to inspect and the seal had bust and it was pressurising the gator. Fitted a new slave today and the problem persists. bled the system as best as i could but still no pedal. funny thing is that there is pressure near the slave as i can see the flexi pipe expanding but still it's not following back to the pedal. I am absolutley baffled and very worried. Running out of funds and having no use of a car is becoming extremely problematic. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

-Leif

Did you assemble the new components in the correct order and align them properly?

If you did, you may just need a new flexi pipe, or the pressure may have killed the master seals as well as the slave.

On the positive side, when this is fixed, the clutch may be good to go for another 10 to 15 years.

Yes pretty sure, I mounted the clutch plate the correct way. I didnt have an alignment tool but managed to get the splines into the flywheel. as I have known with previous clutches it's either in or out. I did have a hole in the flexi near the slave but I cut it off and put a new flexi over the line crimps. It's making a tight seal and no leaks (just as a temporary repair.

Where is master located? does it share the same master as the brakes as i've noticed the master under the resiovoir has 2 bleed nipples. I tried bleeding both.

Thanks

-Leif

The master cylinder is on the end of the clutch pedal! ;) It's not the same as the brake MC though, but the fluid reservoir may be shared. Still, it's just a small tank with some DOT4.0 in it, and as long as it's above its minimum level won't affect the operation of brakes or clutch.