Knocking

Hey folks. Not long ago I changed front wishbones, bushes and droplinks then a couple of month later, the arb bushes n since doing that, there's a helluva knocking noise from the front. I've heard that lowering it (its on coilovers) can cause the arb to knock off the driveshafts. Is this right? If so, any ideas why it's started doing it after all new parts r on n not when everything was worn? Also heard about shortened droplinks. Could someone give me info on these? Many thanks guys.

Well in terms of shortened drop links, I have these fitted as my front ARB knocked and my car is only lowered in the region of 35mm

Screenshot_2015-07-25-11-05-04_zpsapmiov

One obvious thought is, did you tighten everything up correctly? I appreciate that could come across as patronising but it is easy to overlook something if you are changing multiple parts in one go.

sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I will buy these right now buddy thank you very much. Yeah the funny thing is I took it to a garage n the guy said the top bolt on the droplinks were loose. He tightened em and added another couple of nuts to b on the safe side. Within a couple of days it was knocking again. Yeah my car is lower than that. Thank you again mate. Great help.

You'll also notice when your fitting these that when you first put them on, you will need a small jack or something similar to raise one end of the ARB so you can connect the droplinks properly and then once you have done one side you will then need to put the jack under the bottom of the hub on the other side to raise that slightly.

Will all become clear as your doing it. Literally took me probably 45 mins to do mine yesterday morning and that including getting the car on axle stands etc.

You'll also notice when your fitting these that when you first put them on, you will need a small jack or something similar to raise one end of the ARB so you can connect the droplinks properly and then once you have done one side you will then need to put the jack under the bottom of the hub on the other side to raise that slightly.

Will all become clear as your doing it. Literally took me probably 45 mins to do mine yesterday morning and that including getting the car on axle stands etc.

I did my droplinks yesterday. I didnt have an grinder just incase the bolts were difficult but luckily did have torx head allen keys.otherwise i would have never got them apart.

I used 17mm socket to slacken the bolts. Then ring part of 17mm spanner with allen key to remove nuts.

When putting new ones on. Put bottom one on first dont tighten fully. Then using jack inder the hub lift and will find it easy to put top one in. Once again do up fully. Let jack down. And fully do up. Its easy enough. Just make sure car is fully supported

I did my droplinks yesterday. I didnt have an grinder just incase the bolts were difficult but luckily did have torx head allen keys.otherwise i would have never got them apart.

I used 17mm socket to slacken the bolts. Then ring part of 17mm spanner with allen key to remove nuts.

When putting new ones on. Put bottom one on first dont tighten fully. Then using jack inder the hub lift and will find it easy to put top one in. Once again do up fully. Let jack down. And fully do up. Its easy enough. Just make sure car is fully supported

I always avoid buying droplinks with the torx/allen head in them because they usually rust, round off and need grinding. Mine came straight off with two spanners. I always make sure they are the type you can get two spanners on for that reason.

Those mondeo ones have flats for a spanner so should be nice and straight forward (depending on how the old ones come off that is).

I always avoid buying droplinks with the torx/allen head in them because they usually rust, round off and need grinding. Mine came straight off with two spanners. I always make sure they are the type you can get two spanners on for that reason.

Those mondeo ones have flats for a spanner so should be nice and straight forward (depending on how the old ones come off that is).

Very true. I wasnt able to get those ones that you use 2 spanners.

I didnt even bother putting any plusgas on.

Always helps to be prepared tho.

• Like 1

Thank you for the replies guys. Appreciate it. The current droplinks were only put on recently but the passengers side top bolt kept coming undone for some reason so it should come off easily. Seems an easy job then. Thank you again guys.