vrs mk1 estate, tuned! any good garages in south wales?

Hi guys

just wondering if anyone knows any good tuning garages that have a good understanding of the 1.8T engine in or near south wales area? Ive just bought a vrs estate and is reported to be nearly pushing 300bhp, but I need a local garage that knows there stuff as my knowledge is limited.

The guy I bought it from said it was mapped by a company in Greece, would anyone have any ideas who ?as I cant get hold of guy I bought car from.

cheers james

Cheers guys, ill try got boost.co.uk and badger 5.

How do you upload a picture on this thing?

Its got upgraded brakes , think 312 mm drilled on front and drilled and grooved disks on rear,think they are 250ish mm.

suspension appears to be standard, its a rocket from 3rd on but handling not great. Was hoping to buy arb front and rear, any suggestions appreciated, I need to do it on budget so was going to look into seconds off mk4 golf, R32 front but not sure my options for rear arb, have heard tt rear may work is this correct? Also as its a family wagon I dont want a firm ride for kids so someone said dont do coilovers, change shocks and springs, any thoughts?

Think its got a 3" exhaust whole system with 3 boxes, its too loud so need to quiten it down, my mechanic mate said its blowing on weld points a little, if I attempted to add another box will this mess with backwards pressure and mess with map on it effecting running?

Cheers james

Cheers james

I have read on here before about a guy in greece who emails over custom type maps that you flash yourself etc.. But cant remember who. Tbh tho if your car has hardware capable of 300hp then i would get it done by someone in the uk. The map could be fine but equally could be a ticking bomb

What mods it got ?

Must have a different turbo

Diff intake

Large fmic etc

Take a pic of engine bay and post up

I've been thinking the same myself as it must have had a ton of cash spent on it to reach the magic 300bhp mark.  Did the seller give you a file of receipts for the mods he's done as that'd help you list what's been done and where he had it put together and mapped.  I love the idea of a fast estate car so pics as soon as you can!

I use Photobucket to post pics on here.  If I can figure it out then anyone can.

Hay guys

ive managed to get all pictures with a list of mods from advert when I bought her into photobucket how do you then import them on this page or own gallery? Im waiting for the paperwork to arive as guy I got car from said it was with db racing developments in north wales where he had all tuning done.

Im going to take car to got boost for thier opinion, I was recommended them also by a vw mechanic today.

cheers

james

Claims of 320+ hp without any mention of beefed up internals [emoji53]

Definitely a big output if it's on original internals.  Also, it's a sleeper for sure as it looks stock in every way.  If it does produce what they say then I'd be looking for uprated handling & brakes which will mean the 16" wheels would have to go.  I know what it takes to haul my car down from certain velocities and that's running 345mm discs as standard.  If you are pushing out more power but running relatively small discs then I would imagine you'll be having some brown trouser moments in the near future.

20150728_183538_zpsua0456rm.jpg

Cheers guys, I will take it to the garage and see what they say.

Brakes seem pritty good but I havnt been driving it stupidly.

I dont imagine the car is powerful as suggested in advert, it is a complete sleeper and it seems quick to me as im used to a passat diesel!

My local mechanic said car seems pritty good generally and underneath was good. He admits to be no expert with a tuned engine such as this though.

The guy I bought it from said it has a racing clutch but again missingmy vrs you may be right. I hope not though.

• 2 weeks later...

Well guys , had car back from got boost in bridgend, gotta say they know thier stuff. Cars been transformed into how it should of been when I bought it. It was leaking pressure everywhere so all pipes needed changing, they also did alot of work on engine, the nob I bought car off did a micky mouse job there was bits of make shift hose under bonnet and all sorts of bodgery, Its now been all sorted and they said it was 280bhp onrolling rd which is awesome. Unfortunately there are still bits that need doing such as down pipe from turbo, its a T28 turbo and its got a crap make shift down pipe on there so garage advised change this and to go for miltek cat back as current drain pipe exhaust sucks which I have to agree.

any suggestions on where to find a down pipe to fit this turbo would be appreciated.

Cherrs james

ps drove it back today on m4 with a big grin on my face.