Should I Change Before Really High Miles?

chesoctavia

All

My Octavia has been trouble free since purchase and even the addition of extra Jabbasport ponies has not caused any problems.

The question is; should I change the car before a certain mileage (I am now past 70,000 since Jan 01), or is it not a concern any more?

Should I also consider the cambelt change now as the standard interval is 120,000 but lots of people have recommended changing the belt at around 70,000.

Should I also consider changing the shocks soon or is there likely to be plenty of life left?

The car has no problems at all but I am considering changing for a Fabia VRS, is it wise to change now or has the car got a good year and another 20,000 miles (or even longer) before i would expect any big bills or have little value left? (I have the cars value at around

Dont worry about the mileage, taviars's is way up past 100k miles and going strong.

I would defo get the cambelt done though, my cambelt will be changed at 60k. The recommended is 120k but my dealer suggested 60k anyway as quiet a few seem to fail from that upto 120k, usually out of warranty so big bills.

you can see the result of a broken belt Here

I would agree with Manny. The engine / transmissions are built to take very big mileages. Can't comment on the dampers are they oil or gas filled?? If the latter these should certainly last 100k miles minimum. I must admit I went through a similar exercise when deciding what to do with SWMBO's Audi A4. Decided to hang onto it and at 105k miles is still going strong.....