Egr replaced but engine management back on after 500miles?

I had a fault code for the egr valve, so today I replaced it with a new one. The engine management light is still on for the fault, tried disconnecting the battery for a while but it didn't clear it. can it be cleared with out vcds?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I got exactly same thing. Came back from garage with new EGR system without the light on. After about four hours when I need to drive somewhere the bugger EPC light is back on!!!

Is there anyone in Sheffield with VCDS who I can pop in to to do the check because I am driving to France at 5am tomorrow.

Please.

(I did contacted my closest member using the VCDS map, no reply yet)

Thanks

Try taking it for a decent run, when I fiddled with mine to disable it the light only came on after 20 miles or so. It took a similar time to go back off when I'd plugged it back in too.

diagnostics done, thanks Nick P, and VCDS is saying that it is same fault before the whole EGR unit replacement. Our conclusion is that it could be something with the wiring assuming that the garage has done the job :)

Off to France for almost three weeks and forget about it, then back to square one. I hope that I manage to contact the garage soon enough to not to dispose the egr as it is most probably not faulty.

Had a warning saying emissions workshop, after getting it scanned it was the egr At fault which I replaced and the light went out, but after driving almost 500 miles the engine management light is back on saying emissions workshop, surely it can't be the egr valve again?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk