Volume using phone via bluetooth

When playing music from my phone via bluetooth, I have to turn the volume up on the columbus, and when I disconnect the phone should I forget to reduce the volume the sound from the columbus unit is so loud. Can anyone advise how to normalise the sound so that when I use bluetooth I do not have to adjust the volume?

Thanks

I think you can set your volume setting in the maxi-dot setup Klinwart.

Have flick through under settings/phone/sound/volume etc. I stumbled across it when I was looking to turn down the volume on the woman's voice within the GPS. Was driving me nuts (so to speak...)  :notme:  :D

Edited to add: Page 5 on here might (I said might....) help:

http://ws.skoda-auto.com/ownersmanualservice/data/en/octavia_1z/11-2012/navigation/columbus/a5_octavia_columbus_navigationsystem.pdf

I think you can set your volume setting in the maxi-dot setup Klinwart.

Have flick through under settings/phone/sound/volume etc. I stumbled across it when I was looking to turn down the volume on the woman's voice within the GPS. Was driving me nuts (so to speak...)  :notme:  :D

Edited to add: Page 5 on here might (I said might....) help:

http://ws.skoda-auto.com/ownersmanualservice/data/en/octavia_1z/11-2012/navigation/columbus/a5_octavia_columbus_navigationsystem.pdf

That volume level you mention which is set in the settings is for the phone volume when making or receiving a call via the BT and not for the audio when playing music from the phone over BT. On mine it defaults to about 50% which is very loud but if i play music from my phone over the BT to the Columbus it is very quiet. 

Rather than changing the volume on the Columbus i find it easier to just have the volume on the phone set to maximum.... On an iPhone this only affects the BT output volume and not any other volume setting on the phone (Ringer, speaker, earpiece etc....) i'm not sure this is the same with other phones though.

• Like 1

Another trick is to check out the adaptation channels of the bluetooth module with VCDS, one of them should allow you to increase the gain for bluetooth music which will help.

Thanks this sounds a posdible solution.