Climatronic Retrofit?

Just out of interest, has anyone done this in the UK?

An involved job, but not impossible.

Seems like you can "borrow" some parts from a pre-facelift Fabia mk2 or Roomster and put a fully working climatronic AC system in a mk1 Fabia. :)

http://forum.skodahome.cz/topic/113480-climatronic-fabia/

post-12297-0-33128500-1323208651.jpg

post-31740-0-05573100-1378327807.jpg

Other than the aesthetic aspect, what other benefits does it offer? I've been quite impressed with how well the standard AC controller maintains a steady temperature. I have it set at 18 pretty much all the time and it'll blow cold, hot or somewhere in between as and when required.

I found that system a bit naff in my Cordoba.

It was constantly ramping the fans up too high and never seemed to keep a constant temperature. The one in the Octavia is much better.

I imagine it would take a bit of work. Would you need to fit extra motors etc to control flaps?

Not quite the same but I did this conversion, shoehorning a MK4 Golf Climatronic system into a VW Corrado. The whole dash had to come out, I relocated some relays behind the dash, drilled some holes in the bulkhead and spliced a fair few wires to connect it to the power, various sensors and OBD. It was a mammoth job, and undertaken mainly because the manual dials in the Corrado are prone to failure and like hen's teeth now. The Fabia has some advantages over the Corrado in that there is already aircon, already a recirc motor and the heater flap must also be electronic? Also, I believe that Climatronic was an option on the ibiza, so it should fit the bulkhead. On the negative side, you'll need the dash out (and there's a lot more under the dash of the fabia), and probably need to replace at least the heater box assembly. You may also need to splice in some wires, and I would guess there is at least a sunlight sensor to install somewhere. Good luck if you decide to do it but having got the decentish manual system in the fabia and having done the conversion before, I wouldn't personally bother.

• 7 years later...

I installed manual air conditioning in Fabia MK1, air conditioning panel number 6Y0820045, instrument cluster number 6Y0920863M, I need help, should I change the coding in the instrument cluster? currently i have code 00102
engine is coded 0000071

Fabia MK1 2006 year