LPG conversion

It can be done but FSI or TFSI engine conversion costs a lot.

Prices here: 4th generation LPG system (example: 1,6 MPI petrol engine) - 700 EUR. 5th/6th generation LPG system for FSI engine - up to 3K EUR. Probably should cost more in UK.

If you don't drive much then it's pointless...

You tell him better to do a good search on the internet. Maybe now it has become a bit cheaper... who knows.

Or don't tell him if you wan't to sell the car easily :)

TBH, I think it's a bit cheeky that they asked. It's them who want to do it so they can do the research themselves, unless of course, you are an expert on the matter.

Only enquiring out of interest, and it could secure the deal, so the 2 minutes it took to post the question could be worth a lot!

Fair enough, sorry if I came across as a miserable git, i didn't meant to. You've got an answer but they will still have to do their own research by the looks of it, but if it helps your sale then its all good.

t does beg the question, What are they actually after?? A VRS specifically, one that's tunes like yours, or something like a VRS that they can get converted?

Good luck with the sale anyway!!

Some calculation (just for fun):
LPG in UK - 0,8 EUR/l

petrol - 1,6 EUR/l

(source: www.mylpg.eu/stations/united-kingdom)

Price for conversion: ~3k EUR (found this info on some English website).

Fuel consumption: 7,5 L/100 km.

Annual mileage: 20k km.

It's said that car consumes approx. 30% more LPG than petrol (these new systems consume almost only LPG so lets skip the petrol use).

So I get ~850 EUR saved in a year. It takes roughly 4 years to pay for the system itself and only then you can start saving something.

Sure, these variables can change but the idea is following - it's very expensive and one should drive much. Unless it's pointless. LPG has some disadvantages - probably it's not available everywhere, LPG tank has to be installed somewhere, plenty of problems in cold weather etc.

Are you telling that buyer all that? Should you? :D

You better say that all petrol engines can be converted to LPG but you don't know how much could it cost :)

Edited by Jevpls

Fair enough, sorry if I came across as a miserable git, i didn't meant to. You've got an answer but they will still have to do their own research by the looks of it, but if it helps your sale then its all good.

t does beg the question, What are they actually after?? A VRS specifically, one that's tunes like yours, or something like a VRS that they can get converted?

Good luck with the sale anyway!!

No probs, sold as seen!

• Like 1