which plugs and coil pack for 1.8T vrs + whats best gesrbox oil?

Hay guys

can anyone advise the best plugs and coil pack to go for in a 2003 mk1 vrs estate. Its recently run 280bhp and Im new to this game as the car was bought like this. I have been advised to change them as its a little lumpy when cold and I assume it has had its originals for some time. Someone I know suggested an uprated coil pack , ?red ones? I would appreciate any advice.

im also need to change gear box oil, any advice on best oil to use would also be appreciated.

cheers james

Check with local dealer (White Dove in Hadfield Rd) to see if your car is covered by the VAG coil replacement campaign {most mk1 VRS's are). Red ones look pretty, but argueable as to whether they're a performance upgrade.

Only use genuine VAG transmisson fluid.

Edited by pauldazzle

best plugs are oem - NGK PFR6Q - you might get lucky and win a set of four on that auction site for a tenner

best gear oil is oem - think it is g60 - go into a dealer with your VIN - you will need 2 litres

for coil packs - ensure you have a revision which will be replaced before contacting skoda - check yours and ensure they are old ones (revision L or J) or they won't be replaced - you can buy singles on the auction site cheap too!

Edited by STSKODA